Speedy 30 advice ASAP!

poonski

handbag addict!!
O.G.
Aug 25, 2006
Should i get a brand new mono speedy 30 from elux or a gently used from ebay? If i get from ebay i would save myself a few hundred dollars for something else. What should i do? I am also eying a speedy on ebay which is about to end in an hour. Please help ASAP!! Thanks everyone.

http://cgi.ebay.com/100-Authentic-Louis-Vuitton-Monogram-Speedy-30-Handbag_W0QQitemZ120185910444QQihZ002QQcategoryZ63852QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Click above link to ebay auction.
The bag looks fine, but i need more advice.
Thanks again.

Sunshine

O.G.
Feb 1, 2006
YOu could find one for a litle more that looks more new IMO. I sold mine brand new, used once for 485!! I would hold on....and find one newer.

knasarae

The K Is Silent
O.G.
Apr 23, 2007
Boringsville, USA
I'm a fan of gently used bags....especially since I prefer the look of a patina'd bag over one with virgin vachetta. But I guess it's a personal preference. Some people don't like the thought of someone else have the bag before them, but as long as it's in good condition I don't mind. If it were me I'd go the gently used route but that's just my $.02.

Sunshine

O.G.
Feb 1, 2006
Yes, for sure post that in the autentication thread...Addy or John will know for sure. I do not think it is real. But honestly have a much better eye.

lilturtle

Mar 18, 2007

poonski

handbag addict!!
O.G.
Aug 25, 2006
^^ Thank you so much everyone, i was so close to getting this bag. Do you guys have any recommendations? Any good deals you see on ebay?

Gelare

Oct 7, 2007
I really wouldnt mind a gently used bag too, even if it is 2nd hand, as long as it is authentic and in very good condition.
Because somehow, I appreciate the pampering and care the previous owner shower on the bag, and 99% of the time, these sellers are very friendly and accomodating, unlike some rude SAs in the boutiques which put me off and dont make me feel worthy spending that much $$ for stuck-up service.
Moreover, when buying from a seller, you can save so much $$ which you can buy something else like say, a cles or accessory to doll up your new purchase. :tup:

bling-nut

Mar 10, 2007
Try finding an authentic one on ebay. There are speedy 30s there almost all the time. You can usually get a next to new bag for a good price. If that doesn't work out buy new, they're not very expensive anyway.

May 12, 2006
I just bought my mono speedy 30 brand new because of the good Canadian dollar (bought it in the US), however, I would say its not a big deal to save some money and buy slightly used. I would personally stick to a My Poupette Recommended Seller (there are many that have Speedy 30s almost all the time), although still post in the authenticity section just to be sure.

lolitablue

Planning To Be Happy
O.G.
Mar 1, 2007
Florida
www.planningtobehappy.com
Good Advice! I will follow that one too! The best customer service that I have ever received was at Saks. SA at the boutique are so stuck up that even for someone with lots of personality, they are way too rude. Saving a couple of hundreds for the accesory is a good deal!!