Speedy 25 used less than 10 times! Is this normal? Please help!

senga_c13

Oct 8, 2007
Hi all, please refer to the pics of the speedy. it was bought in 2007 and used less than 10 times. By looking at the aging on the speedy, is this normal or is the bag defected? I have not seen this in real life but am contemplating to get it as the owner has offered it to me at quite a good price.

In general, the canvas and leather piping does not have any obvious scuffs. The handles are wrinkled but is it too wrinkled for 10 times of usage? The leather in some pictures look dry also. I am worried that it will crack after I start using it. The hardware also is not so good. The zipper seems to have some serious wear. By looking at the pics, have they chipped off/ is discoloured and cannot be polished anymore? Has this also happened to your damier speedy? Please help! Thanks!

047.jpg
014.jpg
015.jpg
008.jpg
010.jpg
055.jpg
IMG_0070.jpg
045.jpg

Hi, I have a relatively new damier ebene speedy and one of my handles is wrinkling just like yours (which I think is normal). As for the tarnished metal I have not seen that on speedies older than yours so...I'm not exactly sure why it looks like that? How did you store it?

I noticed my Ebene Speedy's lock seems to tarnish pretty quickly--moreso than my other ones. My handles -on my 30-are also wrinkly but these do look a little dry.
I'm surprised at the condition of the zipper pull. It has a lot of chipping for a bag that was only used ten times. (The older LV's had real brass now the newer ones are just coated--that's why they chip eventually).

I'd authenticate the bag here first and I'd want to check the handles out in real life--if they're really bad you'd have to get them fixed and LV might charge you for the repair.

i'll be blunt here. this bag looks like it been use more than 10x. tarnish hardware is a given but that zipper pull looks pretty bad. that's flaking and polishing will not fix it. you will have to get the zipper replace. if the price is right, the bag looks to be in great condition.

Yeah, looks in good condition generally, but definitely been used a lot more than ten times. None of my zipper pulls have chipped, and that one is VERY badly chipped. It wouldn't cost a lot to replace, so if you're getting a good deal on this bag, why not?

Um, this bag is 4 years old. I mean no matter if they only used it 10 times (or not) it isn't brand new. The chipping is normal as the hardware isn't solid brass. I got my speedy in Feb of this year and it is already chipping around the zipper and I baby my bags. If the price is great and the canvas, piping and interior are in excellent condition I think you should get it.

If you notice the leather on the zipper pull isn't wrinkled, that means the user probably closed the bag by pulling on the rivet and that's why it's discolored. I close my bag this way to extend the life of my leather pull.

Um, this bag is 4 years old. I mean no matter if they only used it 10 times (or not) it isn't brand new. The chipping is normal as the hardware isn't solid brass. I got my speedy in Feb of this year and it is already chipping around the zipper and I baby my bags. If the price is great and the canvas, piping and interior are in excellent condition I think you should get it.

If you notice the leather on the zipper pull isn't wrinkled, that means the user probably closed the bag by pulling on the rivet and that's why it's discolored. I close my bag this way to extend the life of my leather pull.

I got my Speedy in Jan 09 and baby mine too and it has slight chipping too (I pull by the rivet as well!). It's the nature of coated hardware :sad: If it bothers you, I'd do what the others have suggested, just get the zipper replaced. Good luck! :biggrin: