Speedy 25 or speedy b25

guccilover21

I ❤️ bags.
O.G.
Dec 19, 2011
Hi guys,

I wonder which makes most sense right now considering the price is almost the same now? It’s £940 for the classic and £1180 for the B.

I like them both. Currently carry a lot of bags top handle but will be a first time mom shortly so do you think speedy b makes more sense?

I bought my SpeedyB 25 five or six years ago, and I still love the bag! Go for SpeedyB because the shoulder strap is detachable. I am a mom with an active 3-year old toddler. If I know I have to chase after my child (e.g. in a playground), I'll go for a bag with a shoulder strap for sure.

I second PineappleMinnie. You will want to be hands-free with a little one. Go for the SpeedyB for now. When your kid is older and more independent, then consider a Speedy. I speak as a mom of an incredibly active 8 yr old. A bag w/o a strap is a No-Go.

Reactions: PineappleMinnie
I have a 10 year old classic speedy 30 that I never use. I just got the speedy 25b and it really is a game changer having the option to use the strap. I can't think of a good reason to get the classic speedy honestly, other than nostalgia.

Speedy 25B really is the perfect everyday bag in terms of size and convenience. The main reason for me, however, is the way it feels and positions crossbody against your side with its added weight. It’s like no other crossbody.

I love my Speedy 25 b. I wouldn't use it as much without the strap. My SA told me when I bought mine that he strongly encourages everyone to buy the strap version, since he has had dozens of customers regret their strapless purchases.

Definitely pay extra for the Speedy B, I fully regret just buying the regular Speedy 25! It still gets used a lot, but it would be so much more convenient to have a shoulder strap, especially as when you have it quite full it can get quite heavy.

Reactions: MarryMeLV_Now
Hi guys,

I wonder which makes most sense right now considering the price is almost the same now? It’s £940 for the classic and £1180 for the B.

I like them both. Currently carry a lot of bags top handle but will be a first time mom shortly so do you think speedy b makes more sense?
are they actually available right now in the stores in UK? they all seem sold out at the moment where I am looking for both versions

but I agree 25 speedy B is more versatile day to day (i would choose sppedy b) and the speedy 25 is nostalgic and will be a forever classic

Last edited: