Speedy 25 or 30 Bandouliere - equivalent brands?

jelly-baby

O.G.
Feb 2, 2009
Hi. I am going to London tomorrow to buy a new bag. I love LV and love the Speedy model (I have a 25DE) but need something with a shoulder strap so I was intending to get a bandouliere in 25 or 30. I generally prefer the size of the 25 but it seems everyone thinks that tall girls (5'9") should have bigger bags!

My question is, what equivalent brands/models are out there as I am thinking the bandouliere is a little too expensive. I was considering a Wang Rockie but I'm not sure about the leather as I like the durability of the LV canvas. Any ideas?

Hi. I am going to London tomorrow to buy a new bag. I love LV and love the Speedy model (I have a 25DE) but need something with a shoulder strap so I was intending to get a bandouliere in 25 or 30. I generally prefer the size of the 25 but it seems everyone thinks that tall girls (5'9") should have bigger bags!

My question is, what equivalent brands/models are out there as I am thinking the bandouliere is a little too expensive. I was considering a Wang Rockie but I'm not sure about the leather as I like the durability of the LV canvas. Any ideas?

I had the Rockie and I liked it! It was unique and I got more compliments on that than my LV.
:lol:
But I eventually sold due to downsizing my closet and bag collection. I had some I forgot to use. So now I'm at a point where I think I'm good and content. But it was still a nice piece to have.

Rockie/Rocco is super heavy.

The Longchamp neo is very light and versatile, it's also super affordable, I'm thinking about getting one for the rainy days myself.....

Happiness is not about how much you have, but how little you need.

I had the Rockie and I liked it! It was unique and I got more compliments on that than my LV.
:lol:
But I eventually sold due to downsizing my closet and bag collection. I had some I forgot to use. So now I'm at a point where I think I'm good and content. But it was still a nice piece to have.

Aw thanks, sorry you ended up having to sell! I decided to sleep on it and woke up wanting the Speedy Bandouliere! I have seen a preloved rockie for £350 but it's a kind of tan/orangey colour, which wouldnt be my first choice so I think I will just go for it with the Speedy. :doggie:

Rockie/Rocco is super heavy.

The Longchamp neo is very light and versatile, it's also super affordable, I'm thinking about getting one for the rainy days myself.....

Thanks for this, that's really helpful. I didn't realise the Rockie was heavy, that has really put me off now. I sold my Chloe Paddington due to the weight. I will take a look at Longchamp in Selfridges before I commit to LV :smile:

I got the Speedy 25 Bandouliere from Selfridges and I love it! It is so light to carry even with all my things inside. I love the little pouch that the keys and padlock come in. I never had that before with previous speedys. I'm just using the shorter shoulder strap at the moment but will definitely use it as a cross body bag with the extra bit of strap when I am on my next trip to London.

Attachments

• IMG_2541.JPG
    IMG_2541.JPG
    665.5 KB · Views: 538
  • IMG_2540.JPG
    IMG_2540.JPG
    444.4 KB · Views: 439
Reactions: Acctt