Speedy 25 Crossbody?

tinkerbask

O.G.
Sep 6, 2013
Hi everyone! I'm thinking about getting a strap to use on my Speedy 25 so that I can wear it as a crossbody. Do any of you wear it this way? I would love your opinions. Thank you!

Hi everyone! I'm thinking about getting a strap to use on my Speedy 25 so that I can wear it as a crossbody. Do any of you wear it this way? I would love your opinions. Thank you!
i tried it with my regular speedy 25 and it worked ok, but it put stress on the handle rings and torqued the bag a little. i wound up ultimately getting the speedy b because it just didn't work for me. i know some have used theirs this way tho.

i tried it with my regular speedy 25 and it worked ok, but it put stress on the handle rings and torqued the bag a little. i wound up ultimately getting the speedy b because it just didn't work for me. i know some have used theirs this way tho.

Thank you for your response! I don't use my Speedy 25 much and I'm trying to find a way to make it more functional. I'll probably end up with a speedy b too eventually. I was hoping to find a more affordable option. 😁

When I went to the boutique a year ago I asked my SA about using a strap on my Speedy 30 and she told me that it puts stress on the bag and would eventually ruin it. It's best to get the Bandouliere. The Speedy B 25 is the next on my list.

I use a mono strap on my vintage mono 25. It has been done for years. The way the speedy bs bendsin half -squished concerns me more. Putting a strap on isnt putting constant pressure on a bag. Just an occasional relief.

I don't know about the stress it could put on the bag but I did see a gal with a mono strap on her DA Speedy 25 when I was on vacation in San Francisco and it looked really cute! She wasn't wearing it crossbody though, she was just wearing it on her shoulder.

I would go ahead. Just don't pack it too heavy and you will be fine. People have been wearing the speedy with an added strap for over 25 years. SAs want you to spend the extra huge sum on the bandoliere. If you don't carry too much, you'll be just fine. Keep your interior items very light and don't wear it all the time by the strap, just occasionally.

Last edited:
I put a strap on DA speedy 25 and got nervous about the stress on the bag so I stopped using it that way. I think if its light and for short term use its probably okay :smile: just really short term use.

It will work fine just as long as you don't carry too many things with you. If you are packing light then it shouldn't cause too much stress on the handles.
However, I couldn't stand not being able to fill my speedy so I opted to purchase a speedy b instead.

My friend has a Speedy 30. She bought the strap separately and uses it to make the bag a crossbody. She loves it! Just don't stuff the bag to capacity..because like someone previously noted, it might torque the handles a bit.

Good luck.

I'm almost certain I'm going for the speedy B 25, I've wanted a Speedy for years but can't do hand-held. I normally use a smallish Longchamp so I think I'm going to have to cut down. Can anyone summarise what they carry in their 25 on a daily basis? I'd rather not get the 30, but slightly nervous that 25 might be small. But also that the 30 doesn't work as well cross body. Does anyone have any advice? I'm 5 ft 4, slim build. So excited to get my first LV!!!!!! Xx

Hi,

I actually made a video on this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hjN8hmAasac

Hope this helps answer your question.

By the way, I am not trying get my view count up AT ALL. But this is exactly my answer to your query.