Speculation about Gilt Groupe offerings

I love Gilt, but the sale starts at 9 or 10am PST, and sells out the best stuff instantly. Grrr. I love it though. I've nabbed great dresses by Chloe and some awesome sandals.

I have recently rediscovered my love for Botkier, so I can't wait for this sale! I hope the have good stuff this time and I also hope prices will be good - I think Gilt may be better about providing true discounts since the RM debacle.

Sale Lacks Variety (sucks)- sorry, they showed in their preview more styles than what they have up for sale- What happened to the Bryants- They were in the preview yet at the sale there were none. And here I had my hopes up. False advertising :sad:

The Isis clutches were cute- but not Major...KWIM

Last edited:
yes, sale very disappointing!

the intro/teaser thing was the same (i think) as the one they used a few months ago - so i don't think was meant to be representative of the actual inventory they were going to have in stock...

I'm so disappointed... I logged in at 12pm EST exactly... and the bag I wanted was already gone! :sad: I would have loved to have snagged the Jett bag in black for $268... !!!

Other than that didn't see anything else I liked... the prices for the clutches seemed a bit high... I have the bella clutch and I paid way less than $178! And the small clutches/cosmetics pouches are going for $125 at Bag Borrow or Steal...

I am not a Gilt member, but it doesn't look as though I am missing anything. Sigh. I guess I was interested because I am not too jazzed about the current (Fall) season. I am already looking forward to what Botkier offers this spring.

I went on at 12:05pm when most bags were still available except the black Marysia Tote. I was actually hoping to buy a Bryant Hobo with good discount, but since there wasn't any, and since I could never resist any sale, I bought the Marysia Tote in Silver, mostly because I have never owned such a light color bag.

I don't even know the size of this tote, I have never seen any modeling picture, I can't believe I just bought it!

^lol I'm sure it'll be fine. But next time you have to be:biguns: and resist. A lot of us have fallen prey to buying things just because they are on sale, but who knows maybe you'll end up really loving it. Please give a review of it when you get it. I'm really interested in knowing what it's like too

I am not a Gilt member, but it doesn't look as though I am missing anything. Sigh. I guess I was interested because I am not too jazzed about the current (Fall) season. I am already looking forward to what Botkier offers this spring.

If you google gilt, It will give you sites that give invite codes. That way next time you can definetly participate, and hopefully the sale will be a lot better- For those that missed the sale-you didnt miss anything : )

Last edited: