Specific Speedy B questions from newbie

TiffanyBlue23

Nov 20, 2014
I'm currently saving up for my first LV, Speedy B either 30 or 35 (undecided, will try on both and then decide).

Questions...
The zipper. Regular Speedy has that leather pull tab that makes for an easy grab. Speedy B has the dual zipper with lock... Can the lock be used a pull chain? How easy is it to unzip and retrieve items while on your shoulder?

The B. I see many pics of the bandolier used long/crossbody. Without the extender, it's a bit shorter. Do you ever use it at that length? I'm not big on crossbody at all.

Slouch. So without any add in shapers, organizers, etc. How mushy/slouchy is Speedy B? Or is she quite structured?

The same dilemma: 30 or 35??? Omg I just don't know. I keep hoping seeing them both in person will make it clear, but what if it doesn't?? Currently my bag is a coach Ashley satchel- pretty big, but very mushy. I'm betting the square footage is speedy 35 worthy, just in a floppier shape. I have a pic of it, with a smaller coach bag that was too small for me next to it. and some items for size perspective. Do you think I'm more 30 or 35ish? I love the Ashley satchel because if I need to, I could fit waaay more in there. Like a bottle of wine more. But when i don't have to, it just kind of smooshes down... Looking less large. I'm more of a big bag girl, but some have posted the 35 hinges on duffle, and it's kind of put me off.

Appreciate your input!

Attachments

• IMG_20161212_104914.jpg
    IMG_20161212_104914.jpg
    241.5 KB · Views: 885
Reactions: Kidclarke
I am also interested in getting a speedy B. I thought I would choose a 25 but when I went to the store and tried them on I definitely liked the 30 better so I think you need to try them on. I actually had a list of bags I wanted to look at after looking on-line and every one of them looked way bigger in person. Btw, I love that you know your bag will hold a bottle of wine.

Hi I have the speedy 25 bandouliere, at first when I received it, it seemed a little structured, it softened up real fast so I ordered a Samorga organizer for it. The speedy 25 doesn't sag as bad as the 30 but I wanted more of structured look. I haven't had any duel zipper problems. I don't use the extender for my speedy, I've it used it before and it was uncomfortable to me. I mainly use it as a shoulder bag. It depends how much you carry, I think the speedy 35 is way to big. How tall are you btw? I'm 5'2 I used to own two classic speedy 35, it was gigantic, it sagged really bad, and it was too heavy. I barely put anything in it.

Reactions: Sonmi999
Hi I have the speedy 25 bandouliere, at first when I received it, it seemed a little structured, it softened up real fast so I ordered a Samorga organizer for it. The speedy 25 doesn't sag as bad as the 30 but I wanted more of structured look. I haven't had any duel zipper problems. I don't use the extender for my speedy, I've it used it before and it was uncomfortable to me. I mainly use it as a shoulder bag. It depends how much you carry, I think the speedy 35 is way to big. How tall are you btw? I'm 5'2 I used to own two classic speedy 35, it was gigantic, it sagged really bad, and it was too heavy. I barely put anything in it.

Can you show a picture of the 25 with the organizer in while on your arm? I have the speedy b 30 and find it too slouchy/caving in even with an organizer. Thank you[emoji7]

Definitely not a structured bag! It's designed to fold easily. You will need an organizer or something similar if you want to keep the bag somewhat rigid. Good luck deciding on your first Louis Vuitton bag!

I am also interested in getting a speedy B. I thought I would choose a 25 but when I went to the store and tried them on I definitely liked the 30 better so I think you need to try them on. I actually had a list of bags I wanted to look at after looking on-line and every one of them looked way bigger in person. Btw, I love that you know your bag will hold a bottle of wine.
I will be bringing in my coach bag to compare sizes to, i suppose i could bring in the bottle of wine as well... My new benchmark for measure? But seriously, would a 30 hold the wine?

Reactions: Loulouuk
I'm 5'4" and i do carry a lot, but i don't want something so enormous that I'm hitting people with it walking thru a crowd lol. I'm OK with bag sag lol.

You asked about using the lock as a zipper pull and I thought I'd share my experience. I've had my Speedy B 30 for several years. It is still one of my favorite bags. Initially I attached the lock to one of the zipper pulls and I liked the way it looked. But after a couple of years I noticed that the friction caused by movement of the bottom of the lock caused wear to the metal coating of the zipper pull. I took the lock off and I can still open and close the bag easily using the small metal zipper pulls alone. Having said that, the damage is not that noticeable and doesn't detract from the beauty of the bag. However, knowing what I know now, if I could do it over again I probably would not attach the lock to the zipper pull. Just something to consider when you get your new bag. HTH. [emoji4]

ImageUploadedByPurseForum1481643755.712487.jpg

Reactions: TiffanyBlue23
I always wear with out the extender piece. I don't really care for the Speedy crossbody as it sticks out too much. I usually leave the lock attached to one side and use that to pull. Either way it's not hard IMO. I like the way it looks naturally so no organizers, or base shapers for me.

Reactions: TiffanyBlue23
I have a Speedy B 30 that I've had for several months. I'm short (5'1) and very fluffy and I thought the 35 looked very big even on me. I also always use it without the extender because it's too long on my shoulder otherwise and I don't like cross body. I also took the lock off and don't use it to pull the zipper. I worried it would damage the hardware more. It's easy to open to me and it did get slouchy fairly fast. I got tired of digging through it to find stuff so I got an organizer and love it. It holds the shape really well. But it does look great slouchy too which is nice because then you can have two different looks with one bag.

Good luck deciding! :smile:

Reactions: Sonmi999