Specific Speedy B questions from newbie

I have a Speedy 30 DE with a full shaper and I consider it to be a medium-large bag on me. I'm 5'6" and slim, and prefer to carry small bags (Saint Laurent Sac de Jour).

I recently got a Speedy B 25 DE and am liking it so far. I hate bag slouch so that was one of the reasons why I chose the 25 over the 30 (plus I already have a 30). I carry things in a cosmetic case and Mini Pochette so it kind of helps to keep the structure so far. I've only worn it for a week straight so more time will tell if I need a shaper.

The 35 is a huge bag and with a base shaper, you may run the risk of bumping into people/things a lot more. My 30 is fully filled out thanks to its shaper that goes all around it and I feel that even it sticks out a tiny bit more than I would like. Have you tried both in store?

Yes a speedy 30 can hold a few, maybe two or three bottles of wine :smile:
Seriously??! I've never tried this :nuts:

you will love the speedy b. i had the same size dilemma last year, i thought for sure i wanted the 35, but after trying both on, the 30 was perfect for me. the top pic was the day i got it, using the hand straps and then one recently as a cross body - i really have minimal slouching.
for reference in size, i am 5'8" and about 145lbs.
i hope these help. make sure to share pics when you get her!!!
d4sx2.jpg
IMG_20161214_071659.jpg

Last edited:
you will love the speedy b. i had the same size dilemma last year, i thought for sure i wanted the 35, but after trying both on, the 30 was perfect for me. the top pic was the day i got it, using the hand straps and then one recently as a cross body - i really have minimal slouching.
for reference in size, i am 5'8" and about 145lbs.
i hope these help. make sure to share pics when you get her!!!
View attachment 3548096
View attachment 3548101
Thank you for posting pix. That 30 looks perfect on you! I think it would work for me too. I'll definitely post pix when i get!!

Tiffany, I decided the Monogram Speedy 30 was the right size for me (I'm 5'4")
I really wanted my first to be the monogram in the classic style and not the bandouliere ... and I think the 35 size would work better for me with the strap as an option. Maybe the Damier Ebene Speedy Bandouliere 35 will be my next LV purchase :smile:

And, because I prefer the older style Speedy without the zippered inner pocket, and like the look of a deeper, golden patina, I found a beautiful, preloved, mif Mono Speedy 30 on a favorite resale site. It is well seasoned and on it's way to vintage... just like me :smile:

Good to know it can also carry a bottle of wine!

Last edited:
Reactions: TiffanyBlue23
I have a Speedy 30 DE with a full shaper and I consider it to be a medium-large bag on me. I'm 5'6" and slim, and prefer to carry small bags (Saint Laurent Sac de Jour).

I recently got a Speedy B 25 DE and am liking it so far. I hate bag slouch so that was one of the reasons why I chose the 25 over the 30 (plus I already have a 30). I carry things in a cosmetic case and Mini Pochette so it kind of helps to keep the structure so far. I've only worn it for a week straight so more time will tell if I need a shaper.

The 35 is a huge bag and with a base shaper, you may run the risk of bumping into people/things a lot more. My 30 is fully filled out thanks to its shaper that goes all around it and I feel that even it sticks out a tiny bit more than I would like. Have you tried both in store?

Seriously??! I've never tried this :nuts:

I really appreciate your post as I'm 5'4" and slim. I tried on both the 25 and 30. I like the look of the 25 better but hesitated wondering if the 30 was better for a daily bag.

Everyone else's posts are great as well as this will be my first Speedy. I hinted at it for a Christmas [emoji319] present [emoji320] but think I'll have to purchase myself. Pretty sure Santa isn't delivering a Speedy.

I really appreciate your post as I'm 5'4" and slim. I tried on both the 25 and 30. I like the look of the 25 better but hesitated wondering if the 30 was better for a daily bag.
Santa's not bringing me one either... :sad:
Everyone else's posts are great as well as this will be my first Speedy. I hinted at it for a Christmas [emoji319] present [emoji320] but think I'll have to purchase myself. Pretty sure Santa isn't delivering a Speedy.

I love your requirement of the bag being able to hold a bottle of wine.....my kinda gal! The 30 holds a lot, the 35 is kinda like luggage.
That being said, I have a 25 because I just don't normally carry that much with me.
Need to start looking for those smaller bottles of wine!:P

i hinted too...pretty sure santa isn't bringing me a Speedy either. Ahhh well :sad: gonna have to do this the hard way lol.

My DH is so happy. I think he found a pre-loved like new on line. I have a feeling it's a 35 which is way too big. He told me where he bought a handbag so it wasn't hard to figure out. This is the first time in 25 years I've snooped on a gift. He has the 25 written down on an LV card and I talked to him about sizing but I think he forgot. He told me I can return anything I don't like. That's only happened once when he bought me some "preppy" sweaters totally not me. Guess I'll find out next Sunday. I may keep so I don't hurt his feelings but don't know when I would use it.

Reactions: Luvnlife
My DH is so happy. I think he found a pre-loved like new on line. I have a feeling it's a 35 which is way too big. He told me where he bought a handbag so it wasn't hard to figure out. This is the first time in 25 years I've snooped on a gift. He has the 25 written down on an LV card and I talked to him about sizing but I think he forgot. He told me I can return anything I don't like. That's only happened once when he bought me some "preppy" sweaters totally not me. Guess I'll find out next Sunday. I may keep so I don't hurt his feelings but don't know when I would use it.
i think it is the thought that counts and an lv is too expensive and nice of a bag to not use. my husband got me the 25 and i exchanged for the 30. he said if that wasnt the one i wanted, that i better go exchange it as he wasn't going to spend 1300 on a bag that i didn't use :smile: men are more practical than us women and i don't think they get their feelings hurt as much. maybe if he had picked out a bag all his own, it would be different, but yours wants to get the bag you want and may havejust gotten the wrong size, so i don't think his feelings owuld be hurt!!

i think it is the thought that counts and an lv is too expensive and nice of a bag to not use. my husband got me the 25 and i exchanged for the 30. he said if that wasnt the one i wanted, that i better go exchange it as he wasn't going to spend 1300 on a bag that i didn't use :smile: men are more practical than us women and i don't think they get their feelings hurt as much. maybe if he had picked out a bag all his own, it would be different, but yours wants to get the bag you want and may havejust gotten the wrong size, so i don't think his feelings owuld be hurt!!

My DH gave me a Monogram shine doc pm bag. It's beautiful. Size between a 25 and 30 but bulky as the canvas is stiff ( meant to be that way). He couldn't wait for Christmas so he gave it to me this week for our anniversary. There is no way I could return. He is so happy to get me something so special. He said he liked it better than a speedy. Speedy will have to wait

Reactions: TiffanyBlue23
I just got the 35 DE b and love it! I don't use the extender so I have it as shoulder bag with a samorga organizer it since it has only 1 pocket. I'm a big bag girl so I knew the 35 was for me but didn't know until I saw it in person compared to the 30

I just got the 35 DE b and love it! I don't use the extender so I have it as shoulder bag with a samorga organizer it since it has only 1 pocket. I'm a big bag girl so I knew the 35 was for me but didn't know until I saw it in person compared to the 30
I was leaning toward the 30, but I'm a big bag girl too. I'll just have to pack the wine and go shopping, I guess. "What do you have that holds this?"