Specially Anniversary reveal, need help Ladies to decide

Jul 30, 2012
So, I have a really, really big Wedding Anniversary coming up this this year in October. Hubs bought me my Holy Grail bag last week as my pressie and has hidden it away, not allowed to reveal that one yet :lol:

My problem is I've ordered him two briefcase and don't know which one to go with HELP :Pullhair: I must decide by tomorrow as one has to go back then

I love the Postmans lock one that has the Bayswater look and magnetic fasteners but it's bigger than I was expecting. I'm sure he would like the look of it too but it's also heavier.

He has already seen the Elkington and thought it was the perfect size and liked it. It's quite a but lighter and inside their is an extra compartment and another at the back. The thing I hate about it is the dreadful fiddly locks. I hated them on my bags and they drove me nuts, sure he would feel the same

So, which one should I go with

I don't know that he'd bother to take it to work every day, just needs a laptop bag for London trips maybe once a week. He likes to walk between meeting if he can rather than get the tube and only takes a small laptop and maybe a few papers. So the size needs to be practical and he's definitely Not a messenger bag type. Just a laptop bag really

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    75.8 KB · Views: 337
Sorry can only upload one pic at a time from my ipad
Postmans lock black bag, has a canvas long strap with it

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    98.2 KB · Views: 346
Last edited:
I hate the "push" locks too & am sure they'd drive a man nuts .. but .. I presume he could undo the buckles, rather than use the locks ?? men don't tend to go in / out of their bags as much as "we" do so perhaps the Elkington would be ok after all ??? good luck with your choice .. hope to see your special bag soon & Happy Anniversary for whenever it is xx's

I hate the "push" locks too & am sure they'd drive a man nuts .. but .. I presume he could undo the buckles, rather than use the locks ?? men don't tend to go in / out of their bags as much as "we" do so perhaps the Elkington would be ok after all ??? good luck with your choice .. hope to see your special bag soon & Happy Anniversary for whenever it is xx's

Thank you Holleigh, it's quite a way off yet.

I hadn't actually thought about undoing the buckles :giggles: it's definitely given me a different perspective. Didn't think about how often he would actually go into the bag so maybe it would be okay.

It's such a shame, if the Postmans lock one had been a little smaller their would have been no contest. It's slightly smaller than the Walter which he said was way too big. Think the Elkington is the safest bet.

Last edited:
Another one for the Ellkington. It sounds like its more like what he wants.
Btw my husband bought a fake elkington off eBay by mistake. Took us a while to realise, but by then he loved it so much that he didn't care.
Congrats on the anniversary. You are very patient. I had my Xmas present open and in use at the beginning of December.

Another one for the Ellkington. It sounds like its more like what he wants.
Btw my husband bought a fake elkington off eBay by mistake. Took us a while to realise, but by then he loved it so much that he didn't care.
Congrats on the anniversary. You are very patient. I had my Xmas present open and in use at the beginning of December.

Ha ha, I could probably buy him a fake and he wouldn't know the difference. Very tempting but i might feel a bit guilty as he will only have one Mulb, compared to my little collection.

I am itching to use mine but no way I am allowed. We have booked a trip to Verona that weekend and I am only allowed to open her before we go.........so I just have to wait but feel it makes it more special. It's the perfect colour too.

Me too... Oh has an Elkie in choc and I borrow it all the time!!! I love it dot mind the locks but the other one looks like a travel case and way too bulky

Thanks Elvis, :yes: like the idea of borrowing it, didn't think of that.the other ones definitely way too bulky for me to carry ;)

I think the postmans lock is little bit loud, and I don't like its top handle. The Elkington looks more professional and timeless.

The Elkington. Much more professional and 'manly' looking. I also really like the look and colour of the leather. It's a really lovely looking bag.

From what you've said, I'd go with the Elkington, the other one looks a lot bigger! Congratulations on your forthcoming anniversary!

Thank you Ladies for your input, it was a great help.

I think all these comments have been very enlightening and I will go for the Elkie. I can't imagine him lugging the other one around London especially when he travels light.

It's probably quite different using those push locks when you lay the bag on a desk rather than battling them on your shoulder. :graucho:

Just got the hassle of packing the other up and returning now :whistle:

Ha ha, I could probably buy him a fake and he wouldn't know the difference. Very tempting but i might feel a bit guilty as he will only have one Mulb, compared to my little collection.

I am itching to use mine but no way I am allowed. We have booked a trip to Verona that weekend and I am only allowed to open her before we go.........so I just have to wait but feel it makes it more special. It's the perfect colour too.

Thanks Elvis, :yes: like the idea of borrowing it, didn't think of that.the other ones definitely way too bulky for me to carry ;)

Thank you Ladies for your input, it was a great help.

I think all these comments have been very enlightening and I will go for the Elkie. I can't imagine him lugging the other one around London especially when he travels light.

It's probably quite different using those push locks when you lay the bag on a desk rather than battling them on your shoulder. :graucho:

Just got the hassle of packing the other up and returning now :whistle:
Sounds like the right decision - weight and bulk are big considerations