Special Order REVEAL!

HermesIRL

HermesIRL
Jun 15, 2012
I ordered my Ala Carte Special Order bag in May 2016, 9 months later (earlier this month) it arrived! I thought I'd share my bag here, as it was the Special Order threads on tPF that helped me finialise my decision before building it with my SM :smile:

Last edited:
Reactions: chkpfbeliever

rhm

May 3, 2014
It looks like a 35 Birking in Etain?

I wanna see what other colors you chose for your SO!

HermesIRL

HermesIRL
Jun 15, 2012
Introducing my SO Birkin 40 in Etain Togo with Bleu Nuit piping on the exterior and matching Bleu Nuit chev lining. I chose Brushed Palladium Hardware. When I was offered the Ala Carte order my SM and I worked on trying to make the Birkin masculine with appearing to try to hard or pushing the boundaries of taste.

I think the result is demure and classic Hermes but is definitely a masculine take on, what is, a women's handbag.

One special request I added to the order was that the calfskin used have zero veining. Personally I don't like the "lightening strikes" that can appear on the Clemence and Togo bags, and with the front and back panels on a B40 being so large I wanted to have a perfect stretch of togo peddling - and the atelier obliged. The skin is flawless.

Attachments