Special Order: Purple Mini Nikki w/silver or gunmetal hw

sandc

likes giraffes
Sep 16, 2009
I know a few of us have expressed interest in a purple Mini Nikki with silver or gunmetal hw, so I contaced Codi. This is what she said.

She is pretty sure they have Roadrunner purple available. If there is a specific purple we are interested in, she can check. I am not too familiar with the purples, but I know I want a soft (not too much of sheen) darker purple. I personally don't want it to be a brownish purple. I found a couple pics of 2009 Roadrunner Purple in the color reference thread for purple.

http://forum.purseblog.com/rebecca-...ple-bags-here-pics-369314-3.html#post13415450

http://forum.purseblog.com/rebecca-...ple-bags-here-pics-369314-4.html#post15873785

We can get silver or gunmetal hardware in the square rings.

We can get black & white floral, dash or blue/white strips. I think the black & white floral would be nice.

Typical 8 people needed. $475 - 30% down (142.50). 12-14 weeks once order is placed.

For those that are interested, do you have a color purple you would like me to ask about? Silver or gunmetal hw? Lining?

Belle79

O.G.
Jan 25, 2010
CT
Hi! You can count me in - I am also on the Wine Mini Nikki SO but not sure if that one will go through. I would be happy with any purple leather and any lining. I prefer silver hw but will take gunmetal as well :tup:

Roadrunner looks GORGEOUS!

Last edited:

sandc

likes giraffes
Sep 16, 2009
Awesome Belle79! Hopefully we can get it going before too long. It would be awesome to get the bag before summer since it will be a darker purple.

1. sandc
2. Belle79

sandc

likes giraffes
Sep 16, 2009
I don't know which purple color this is, and it probably isn't what we will get, but I compared the silver & gunmetal hardware to it so that maybe we could get a better idea of the silver v. gunmetal with purple.

sandc

likes giraffes
Sep 16, 2009
^If the signature hardware is what I think it is, I am not a huge fan.

thegoreprincess

call me maybe
O.G.
Jul 3, 2009
Bay Area/Santa Cruz, California
Ooh... gonna keep my eyes on this one too.

I'd be in if it were a nice deep, blue-based purple. No "O" rings. Silver or gunmetal are okay with me.

You should see if there's still Smokey Purple leather available. THAT is a gorgeous leather.

sandc

likes giraffes
Sep 16, 2009
^that looks like a nice color. I would like it to be a blue based purple as well. I am still trying to familiarize myself with all of these purple colors. Hopefully more people chime in as to what they really like.

sandc

likes giraffes
Sep 16, 2009
I sent Codi a message about other purples. We'll see what she has to say. The roadrunner looks nice in pics, sometimes it can be a little hard to tell though. I don't really want a leather that is going to look really distressed. I forgot to mention that. I like to break in my bags, but I am not a fan of overly distressed.

1. sandc
2. Belle79
3. hollywoodbadgrl

mcain

Dec 28, 2009
Watching this thread - definitley interested depending on the final decision on leather. For what its worth, I think purple with gunmetal would be amazing.

hollywoodbadgrl

PURSE WH@R3
O.G.
May 12, 2010
Los Angeles, CA
Ya I agree I don't like really distresed leather but you want it some what smosshy because the mini Nikki doesn't have too much slouch room. I was checking out the eggplant mini Nikki at the SS and I couldn't even get it on my shoulder because it would not slouch much.

I sent Codi a message about other purples. We'll see what she has to say. The roadrunner looks nice in pics, sometimes it can be a little hard to tell though. I don't really want a leather that is going to look really distressed. I forgot to mention that. I like to break in my bags, but I am not a fan of overly distressed.

1. sandc
2. Belle79
3. hollywoodbadgrl

sandc

likes giraffes
Sep 16, 2009
Ya I agree I don't like really distresed leather but you want it some what smosshy because the mini Nikki doesn't have too much slouch room. I was checking out the eggplant mini Nikki at the SS and I couldn't even get it on my shoulder because it would not slouch much.
Yes, some smoosh is a must! ;) I am at the mercy of pictures and recs because I have only seen one purple irl and it is not one I would want on the MN.