Special Order FAQ needs some consumer info added

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 11, 2009
Since this is TPF which is supposed to here for fun of course but most importantly as a resource and tool for the consumer, I would like to recommend and request that more consumer alert info be included about Special Orders in this thread:

http://forum.purseblog.com/rebecca-...rmation-faqs-updated-368748.html#post12939610

I would like additional info added so that anyone trying to decide if they want to join an SO is aware of the risks involved. I think every SO order thread should link to this info as well so that newbies are aware.

The additional info I would like add is:

1) The orders are supposed to take 16 weeks but generally run over. There are also no guarantees that RM will update you if the SO runs over.

2) There are no guarantees from RM regarding the quality of the bag or if RM does not make the bag per specifications. This means that the sales are final - there is no guarantee that you will get any refund or discount. Usually no refunds are provided.

3) If there is an issue with the bag, it is possible that RM make fix it but the turnaround time for the fix could be 1 month or longer.

4) Emails to RM CS may not be responded to or repeated emails may be needed in order to get a response.

If I had know all of this, I would have thought twice about ordering from RM.

If RM gets their act together then the info can be updated but right now there needs to be some warning to consumers.

Last edited:
I really feel for the ladies that have had problems with SO's and CS.

With that said, I've had 4 recent SO's run perfectly that were done before 12 weeks. I know there have been some major problems lately, and perhaps something could be added, but I think all the above comments are a little much. Jmo.

I really feel for the ladies that have had problems with SO's and CS.

With that said, I've had 4 recent SO's run perfectly that were done before 12 weeks. I know there have been some major problems lately, and perhaps something could be added, but I think all the above comments are a little much. Jmo.

I truly appreciate your input Fashion1 and you are lucky to have had good experience with SOs.

I'm relatively new to RM so it seems like these issues are popping up recently which is why I recommend that once things are running more smoothly then the info can be updated. I've been in two and both had issues, one had a leather issue that RM basically washed their hands of and the other I haven't received yet but PRAY will be perfect but even that one ran way over 16 weeks.

And I am really annoyed by the lack of response to emails.

I totally feel for you...I am in a SO right now and am literally stressed that it come out OK....and i agree that RM has many issues going on that need to be fixed badly....they do need an overhaul....when i need to email codi i literally forward the same email over and over until she answers...
should there be a "warning"....maybe but i think it needs to be worded in a nicer way so that it doesnt totally deter ppl from a bag they may want....if i read that before starting my SO I would not have touched it with a 10 foot pole....

If anyone has recommendation on how to word what I wrote differently, please feel free to chime in. I just feel like something should be included to warn of the risks involved. Then if you still want to sign up for a SO at least you are doing so with your eyes wide open.

i agree with you....i really do....maybe the mods can work something up to make it so that the consumer is aware of the possible issues but at the same time that it doesnt scare people totally away either....i dont know...its a really tough issue....

There's a very simple way to reword the first one in a way it would also encompass the experiences of others who have had their SO's finished within the time frame (or ahead of time in some cases), something along the lines of: "While the typical time frame for SO is 12-14 week, this is just a general estimate, it is possible they may take longer"

PM- I think we did talk about this before via PM. It's really is not our place to add this information to SOs. The FAQs are JUST to explain the SO process but anything beyond that is really between RM and the customer. Tpf is a great resource to get groups together for SOs but all the logistics are really RMs responsibility and not tpfs. We have a thread that discusses CS and QC issues which most members do see and if they choose to join a special order, it's at their discretion.

I do understand your concerns, however I addressed this previously in reply to your PM. Many people have had great experiences with SOs, its really not tpfs responsibilty to police the service that RM provides. Closing this thread- please PM me if anyone has questions.

Status
Not open for further replies.