Special Order Birkin Pricing Question

baggrl

O.G.
Dec 15, 2008
Hi All,

After seeing all the beautiful reveals this week, especially those with specially ordered colors, I am wondering how much pricing increases if one wants the interior of a 35 cm Birkin in a different color than the exterior. I am specifically thinking about black exterior with rose shocking interior. No exotic skin; just clemence or togo leather. Also, what's the time frame for ordering/completion of such a bag? :confused1: Thanks in advance!

There is no extra charge for bi-color SOs as far as I know. Ladies please chime in and correct me if I am wrong :smile: Timing wise will depend first of all if Paris accepts the order, once the order is accepted, I've heard anywhere from 6 months and up. I personally have an SO that I placed in July of 2007 and am still waiting on.......

wow! that is a relief... But, the probability of getting it is scary. hmmm... maybe i should inquire sooner than later. is there a certain time of year that SOs are taken or just whenever and do I need to leave a deposit at the time the order is placed? Again, thank you ladies for your info. The Forum has been invaluable and as a Hermes newbie, I would hate to walk into a boutique asking 20 questions about pricing.. I would die of embaressment :sweatdrop:

Your SO will be priced at exactly the same price as a PO with same leather / size.... when it arrives.

Well strangely I've now been told my bi-colour SO will be more money than a regular bag because of the contrasting lining......not terribly impressed if that is the case, I hope that my SA is just mistaken

well, please let me know what your SA says. Mooks, how much more expensive? You don't have to be specific, but is it nominal considering what you anticipated spending, or a significant increase? Thanks.

Well strangely I've now been told my bi-colour SO will be more money than a regular bag because of the contrasting lining......not terribly impressed if that is the case, I hope that my SA is just mistaken

That's interesting, Mooks. When I placed my SO for contrasting lining in a Birkin, the SM told me there was no extra charge. I guess I'll find out when it gets here.

When I placed the SO she said it would make no difference yet she is now saying something different, she is going to try and find out how much it will be but thinks it will be at least £300 more than a regular bag.......

I guess £300 is not to bad when you compare this amount to the price of the "normal" bag, however I do think its naughty if you were initially told there was no difference in price.

BTW, does each store have a quota for SO's each year and do you have to be invited to place an SO or can you be cheeky and ask?

Thinking about it logically there's really no reason for the price to be higher because they are simply choosing a different coloured leather for the lining

I guess £300 is not to bad when you compare this amount to the price of the "normal" bag, however I do think its naughty if you were initially told there was no difference in price.

BTW, does each store have a quota for SO's each year and do you have to be invited to place an SO or can you be cheeky and ask?

I think it's outragous to charge extra for contrasting lining. There's no extra work involved.

No invitation for SO, just ask, and if they can, they'll order it. :smile: