Special Order Birkin - Design question? Please give me your thoughts

LVLover

Hermes Only
O.G.
Jan 18, 2006
I posted a last week about being offered a special order. I have decided to accept that offer :nuts:. So I have been thinking of ideas for something to make the bag special. I'm thinking of designing the bag with inspiration from my DH and I's wedding. We had a "nautical casual elegance" theme with the colors being navy and cream with small accents of silver and pale blue. The setting was over looking the water.

So I was thinking of a 30cm togo pall hdware (the standard for me ;) ) in either bleu de prusse or bleu abysse with ceil lining, then have cream straps, such as parchemin (handles in bleu abysse or de prusse). The stitching will complement the strap color and the piping will be the bleu abysse or de prusse

This leads me to a couple of questions:
1. Please post compairson shots of bleu de prusse and bleu abysse if you have them. I've checked out the thread dedicated to the color blue and I can not find any side by side shots of the 2 colors.

2. Any other color suggestions for the off-white/cream color other than parchemin? Or do you think parchemin is going to look great?

3. I've looked through the special order threads and have not seen any photos of just the birkin "straps" a different color. It is always the straps and the handles being the contrasting color. I'm thinking of having only the straps be the contrast. Will Hermes do this? Will this look silly? Should I have the handles be done in the off-white/cream color too? DIscuss......

4. Will Hermes heat stamp initials and a date? I would assume if so it would be after I've purchased.

That's all the questions I have for now. Please feel free to post and other thoughts you may have on the design. Thanks for the participation:smile:

Reactions: shopper_girl
hmmmm intersting ,and very unique to have an actual theme to follow yet i would change a few little things three colors is risky but when done nicely can look wonderfull. i would go with parchemin but i would not do the ciel inside and as for the handles i do agree i like the straps and piping as the only outer color change, i would go in this order:

outside blue ,parchemin pipping ,parchemin straps and parchemin inside, and as for the third color i would ask hermes to make the clochette key holder in ciel to add the touch of a third color with out it being so overt and obvious perhaps just as a fine hint .

hope it helps darling .birkel.

hmmmm intersting ,and very unique to have an actual theme to follow yet i would change a few little things three colors is risky but when done nicely can look wonderfull. i would go with parchemin but i would not do the ciel inside and as for the handles i do agree i like the straps and piping as the only outer color change, i would go in this order:

outside blue ,parchemin pipping ,parchemin straps and parchemin inside, and as for the third color i would ask hermes to make the clochette key holder in ciel to add the touch of a third color with out it being so overt and obvious perhaps just as a fine hint .

hope it helps darling .birkel.

I was thinking you wouldn't really see the lining but is this not the case? I like the idea of the clochette! Also what is I kept the piping blue and went with a off-white/cream stitching? I was thinking the only outer color change be the straps. Do you think this would look bad?

I totally agree with Birkel that 3 colours is very risky and you have to be careful matching colours. Sometimes the colours look amazing separately but they don't quite come together.

With Bleu de Prusse and Parchemin, I'm worried the contrast might be too much, but really to each one's taste. I would think a Bleu de Prusse would go nicely with a ciel strap instead. If you really need an off white, perhaps Gris T would be an alternative.

Best is to see the leather book and put them side by side and decide for yourself whether you like the contrast.

hmmmm i like the idea of the stitching as it is again subtle hints , the clochette because its removable can give a nice touch yet not over power, and it can give you the third color .now in terms of two tone i do feel like you either do the stitching or the piping or the inside so that the staps are not alone and you know, mudmud is right gris T is a good option because it is abit more neutral and perhaps eevn a bit more nautical less obvious , but the colors may look a bit more dull or off together muted i mean, i would look in to parchemin mybe even pousiere and just as a quick question , since she is a 30cm have you considered ostrich, theese colors in ostrich would look perfect just a question . hope it helps. o and nautically speacking the only thing you dont want is red as it will look to U:S:A patriotics. 4th of july kind of thing .

for ever i love that bag but see , this is what i mean three colors but subtle colors light looking almost like a marzapan birkin ! and for ever 132 i just looooveeeeee the ostrich i have it in 35cm and i think it is probably my best bag! love love the collection you have beautiful taste i sold a grat part of my collection as i felt it was big but did not reflect my own taste but this collection does reflect a smart well thought collection congrats