Special order - bad quality. Has anyone experienced it recently?

MaryAndDogs

Jan 25, 2015
Hi guys,

I am just wondering if anyone has experienced bad quality with a special order recently? I have picked up my Kelly and it has clearly had black soot stains around the edges. I suppose it is from someone being not careful (or skilled enough ) when applying the hot wax to seal the edges of the leather. Maybe the Artisan had one too many mulled wines this Holiday season :smile:

I have had the handbag go back to Paris as I fully expected Hermes to be able to clean it up and correct the bad quality finish right away. However, I was told that it is a normal effect of the production process. Hmm. Really? The handbag was sent back over here and Hermes has not done anything at all to correct the problem.

Has anybody else perhaps experienced anything like that? Please send me a private message if you'd prefer not to answer on a public forum.

I can post detailed pictures. The black soot stains are clearly visible. Not a good job at all.

It seems like I cannot post a picture. Weird.
The picture names are just "faded out" and I cannot select them at all for uploading.

Maybe I cab post them tomorrow. Black soot stains are clearly visible.

It seems like I cannot post a picture. Weird.
The picture names are just "faded out" and I cannot select them at all for uploading.

Maybe I cab post them tomorrow. Black soot stains are clearly visible.
check the format of the pictures and make sure they are not HEIC . If so convert them to jpg ...

Regarding your question , no I didn't notice . I received my SO march 2020 and it was perfect . It is weird that they didn't fix it , why wont they ! can you send it to be spa-ed ? I think it is very sad to buy a bag and send it bag straight away :sad: .

I just got my Kelly recently, not a special order, but also noticed quality issues that blatantly missed. I’m horrified actually for such issue to go unnoticed. Feeling frustrated because they will most likely send my brand new bag back to Paris and I’m probably going to get the same answer as you.

Hi guys,

I am just wondering if anyone has experienced bad quality with a special order recently? I have picked up my Kelly and it has clearly had black soot stains around the edges. I suppose it is from someone being not careful (or skilled enough ) when applying the hot wax to seal the edges of the leather. Maybe the Artisan had one too many mulled wines this Holiday season :smile:

I have had the handbag go back to Paris as I fully expected Hermes to be able to clean it up and correct the bad quality finish right away. However, I was told that it is a normal effect of the production process. Hmm. Really? The handbag was sent back over here and Hermes has not done anything at all to correct the problem.

Has anybody else perhaps experienced anything like that? Please send me a private message if you'd prefer not to answer on a public forum.

I can post detailed pictures. The black soot stains are clearly visible. Not a good job at all.

check the format of the pictures and make sure they are not HEIC . If so convert them to jpg ...

Thanks! That was the problem. I was able to post one picture. Getting "The uploaded file was not an image as expected" message for the others. Not sure what I am doing wrong. But the image below clearly shows black stains along the edge.

When I picked up the bag at the boutique, I did not even remove the protectors and did not really at it closely because I was expecting top quality. I only saw the problem later, at home.

grey.png

Has anybody else experienced anything like that with their handbag? Does this look normal to you?

Reactions: StudioB19
I’d definitely contact the boutique and raise the issue with them. The edge painting is neat but if you are unsatisfied in any way, it’s best to address it, especially at that price point.

I was very excited to finally get this order but I am not sure that I satisfied with the quality fo it.

I was wondering if any of you who have ordered light coloured handbags, have experienced anything like this (please see pic below) along the edge of the handbag? I guess, I am wondering if that is normal. To me, it looks like black soot stains from applying the wax to the edges, doesn't it? Am I being too picky? All my hardbacks are darker and none had such "stains" so I have no point of references for this.
IMG_7716-1.jpg

edge.png

Last edited: