Special gift for $2000 range

staceyjan

Dec 30, 2014
I would like to buy DD a special gift from a dear old fam member to remember him. I know when my great grandfather died I received a gold locket. I am looking for special suggestions.

DH thinks we should do a locket w his ashes in it. I think that is a little creepy, walking around wearing someone's ashes. I think a something sparkly like a diamond would be better.

I am sorry for your loss.

Personally I would stay away from the ashes thing. Unless your DD is on board it may creep her out

I would buy a locket or get a charm bracelet and get a charm engraved with the loved one's name. You can also get a Cartier Trinity Ring and have one ring engraved with the person's name.

Reactions: ame
I would like to buy DD a special gift from a dear old fam member to remember him. I know when my great grandfather died I received a gold locket. I am looking for special suggestions.

DH thinks we should do a locket w his ashes in it. I think that is a little creepy, walking around wearing someone's ashes. I think a something sparkly like a diamond would be better.
I am sorry for your loss.

Personally I would stay away from the ashes thing. Unless your DD is on board it may creep her out

I would buy a locket or get a charm bracelet and get a charm engraved with the loved one's name. You can also get a Cartier Trinity Ring and have one ring engraved with the person's name.

Sorry for your loss & do think Antique Shopper made a good suggestion.
If your family member had any special hobbies, a memento of that would also be nice to remember them by.
I wear my grandfather's watch that he bought the day I was born & when he passed it came to me.
I cherish that he is with me everyday via his watch & other memories

Reactions: AntiqueShopper
Thank you, everyone! I love the idea of the birthstone, his is pink ice or opal. What comes to mind after your suggestion is the soleste pendant from Tiffany. Maybe something similar from a different vendor.

Reactions: LizO...
Thank you, everyone! I love the idea of the birthstone, his is pink ice or opal. The Tiffany Soleste pendant came to mind when you suggested his birthstone/diamonds. Maybe I can look at another vendor.

Just looked at Cartier rings and thinking that her ring size may get bigger in the future and would rather have something she would not have to size.

MatAlllston, you should be my personal shopper! I am a Tiffany addict and have passed my obsession to DD. She would love and treasure this! This piece really touched me when I just searched it and I would have never thought of it.

Glad that I could help. I am a Tiffany addict too. Passing your Tiffany obsession to your daughter is not a bad thing. I wish I have a daughter so that she could wear all my Tiffany pieces. If you do end up getting her the egg, please post tons of pics.

You can always get a YG bar bracelet with the loved one's name engraved on the bar that she can wear around. They sell much, much, cheaper ones than 2,000 but I am sure you can get one with diamonds and the like that will up the price. :smile:

This is a great distraction for me since I am just sitting in hospital and staring...
In regards to the bar bracelet, looked at Pinterest and found this:
https://www.etsy.com/listing/127349..._campaign=us_location_buyer&utm_content=78888
Maybe a DBTY bracelet with either birthstones or diamonds. Does any of the well known vendors create something like this? I don't mind requesting this custom piece but wondering if BG or ID Jewelry, etc. ever made them.

Also, this may sound crazy but his nickname is Stud. So, we only ever called him Uncle Stud. (His real name is Stanley.) Would it be too much of a conversation piece to have the name, "Stud" on her bracelet? Also, thinking that a bracelet with the bar may get scratched too much since she is still young, yet responsible.

I think I am still towards the egg but still am open to other suggestions.

This is a great distraction for me since I am just sitting in hospital and staring...
In regards to the bar bracelet, looked at Pinterest and found this:
https://www.etsy.com/listing/127349..._campaign=us_location_buyer&utm_content=78888
Maybe a DBTY bracelet with either birthstones or diamonds. Does any of the well known vendors create something like this? I don't mind requesting this custom piece but wondering if BG or ID Jewelry, etc. ever made them.

Also, this may sound crazy but his nickname is Stud. So, we only ever called him Uncle Stud. (His real name is Stanley.) Would it be too much of a conversation piece to have the name, "Stud" on her bracelet? Also, thinking that a bracelet with the bar may get scratched too much since she is still young, yet responsible.

I think I am still towards the egg but still am open to other suggestions.
Have you considered Diamond studs if his nickname was stud?

I wouldn't put the word "STUD" on a bracelet. It may confuse other readers.

Glad that I could help. I am a Tiffany addict too. Passing your Tiffany obsession to your daughter is not a bad thing. I wish I have a daughter so that she could wear all my Tiffany pieces. If you do end up getting her the egg, please post tons of pics.
I blame by mother...we have a great silver collection that we do "share" for over 15 years. I liked being the one to
Have you considered Diamond studs if his nickname was stud?

I wouldn't put the word "STUD" on a bracelet. It may confuse other readers.

What a great idea! I did not even think of that and love the significance behind it!