Special Editions

LVoer_Girl

May 12, 2014
When does LV typically run their special limited editions? For example Kusama came out, then IKAT...where's this year's special edition?

I got some sweet monogram pieces, but that was only SLGs. The Summer 2014 stuff only had a couple of pieces that seemed "special" (and I got the wallet)

I just would like a speedy or NF in some sort of LE piece, but I want it brand new where it has not been used or dirtied.

When does LV typically run their special limited editions? For example Kusama came out, then IKAT...where's this year's special edition?

I got some sweet monogram pieces, but that was only SLGs. The Summer 2014 stuff only had a couple of pieces that seemed "special" (and I got the wallet)

I just would like a speedy or NF in some sort of LE piece, but I want it brand new where it has not been used or dirtied.
I had this discussion in another thread. It is unknown if LV will continue to do LE pieces. Marc Jacobs was responsible for the LE bags, of course he's gone now so it's unclear if the new person (can't spell his name Ha!) will do LE. Based on recent runway shows it seems highly doubtful. So if you want LE you should probably buy pre-LVoed.

Man this is so sad! I wouldn't expect Murakami, but SOMETHING...I hope this new guy doesn't bring the brand down!
LV has been pretty clear about wanting to be less accessible to "the masses." Partly by raises prices, and putting more focus on the more expensive bags. http://www.purseblog.com/louis-vuit...es-of-attracting-more-high-end-customers.html

Less focus on canvas could also mean no LE. The new creative director (Nicolas Ghesquière), at the moment definitely appears to be focused on leather and high-end designs. I would LVoe something LE to come out, but it might be wishful thinking...