Speaking of dustbags, does your Vintage Leather Lindsay fit in yours?

i<3handbags

Coach Obsessed ...
Aug 22, 2007
Western Washington
I recently tried putting my Lindsay in it's dustbag, only to find it was a tight fit and I couldn't even pull the drawstrings closed over the top. I thought maybe the wrong dustbag was put in by accident(it was an outlet purchase). I emailed Coach, and told them that my Gigi's bag was a much better fit. They said they would send me a new one, and when it arrived(quickly I might add!) it was the same size as the one that it came with. :confused1: Did all Lindsay's have improper sized dustbags?

guesswholala

Lassoing In Bags!
Sep 19, 2008
Shopping
I thought it was just me! Yes. I had the same thing happen. It was folded nicely in all of the stuffing like it was untouched so, I really believe that it came like that because, the outlet would not even bother to put a dustbag in there.

mayhurst

O.G.
Aug 19, 2008
I recently tried putting my Lindsay in it's dustbag, only to find it was a tight fit and I couldn't even pull the drawstrings closed over the top. I thought maybe the wrong dustbag was put in by accident(it was an outlet purchase). I emailed Coach, and told them that my Gigi's bag was a much better fit. They said they would send me a new one, and when it arrived(quickly I might add!) it was the same size as the one that it came with. :confused1: Did all Lindsay's have improper sized dustbags?
Thanks for starting a thread about this...I had the same experience. Do you know if JAX will send a proper fitting one, as this is apparently a mistake on Coach's part?

i<3handbags

Coach Obsessed ...
Aug 22, 2007
Western Washington
Thanks for starting a thread about this...I had the same experience. Do you know if JAX will send a proper fitting one, as this is apparently a mistake on Coach's part?
I don't know. I may call and speak to a live person versus email. I hadn't heard about this issue before(Lindsays having small dustbags).

jlbanks

National Champs
Dec 17, 2008
Wide Open Spaces
Im pretty sure this was discussed somewhere before, but the smaller dust bags that came with the Lindsay are the correct ones. I don't know why Coach did this but yes, I had the same issue with my Lindsay. It was definitely a tight squeeze. Not quite sure why Coach thought the Lindsay fit nicely into it?

shiashell79

Bags+More bags=bliss
Nov 24, 2008
Texas
oh ok so I am not alone in this one. My Lindsay barely fits in the dustbag actually you can see some of the leather sticking out of the top of it. I put it in my ergo tote bag and put the ergo toe in the lindsay dustbag becuase the ergo has much softer leather

cap

Dec 26, 2008
PA
Thanks for this info about the lindsay dustbag. I didnt put mine in the dustbag get but when i purchased my lindsay about a month and a half ago from the outlet i thought that the dustbag did look a bit small for such a large purse. now i know it will be a tight squeeze! thanks tpfers.:smile:

inch37

O.G.
Feb 24, 2006
Happy town
mine too but I had a carly dustbag that fit it perfectly. it was extra when I sold my choc carly I kept the dust bag. good thing I did.

bagap

O.G.
Jul 31, 2008
Cali-4-Ni-A
This is so funny you posted this thread because for the first time today I tried to fit my teal Lindsay into her dust bag and I was like...wtf? There's a big gaping opening at the top because it won't even close and it was a struggle to get her in there in the first place. How strange???!!!