Spaweek appts now live

nycgirl191

Jun 3, 2008
NYC
Hey girls (and well-manicured boys),

Spaweek (www.spaweek.com) is now live with offers for Apr 12-18!

I feel like there are less 'regular' participants-- my favs aren't there anymore, which is a bummer. (But of course I still found things to book :P)

gillysirl

O.G.
Dec 29, 2007
In my experience- it is all the treaments listed....the color just denotes a "wellness pick" or "eco-friendly". I did this last year also- and it was great!

itzme

O.G.
Nov 4, 2006
Thanks for letting me know! I've been looking forward to this because I've never participated the past few times I learned of this. Btw, is doing a facial more worth it, or getting a massage? I've really nervous about these places offering microdermabrasions, chemical peels, and other services. How credible are they?

nycgirl191

Jun 3, 2008
NYC
All services are $50.

itzme, I usually check out their websites before I book just to see what kind of products they use, what their service range is, etc. Most of these are smaller places that aren't as bright and shiny as Bliss. I have done $50 microderms in the past, and I've found that it usually isn't the 'full' microderm (i.e. 2 passes over the face instead of 4) probably due to both time and cost. But I booked one at a med spa this time around, so fingers crossed it is good :smile:

itzme

O.G.
Nov 4, 2006
nycgirl, I'm doing some research now at their website and yelp reviews. Most that I were interested in were shot down by those reviews. Are there any you'd recommend?

meela188

O.G.
Jul 3, 2006
okay so do we pick one of the treatments listed or do we get all of the treatents listed?

nycgirl191

Jun 3, 2008
NYC
Itzme, it depends what you are looking for, but for facials I tend to stick with the big names: Caudalie, Clarins, Red Door, Exhale... If you want something more 'interesting', I might check out Ling Skin Care (Ling Chan used to do facials out of her apt for celebs)-- those Yelp reviews are pretty positive despite the 'barebones' environment.

If you're looking for a massage, names I recognize and would go to myself are The Setai or Andaz (just because I love Red Flower products). Hope this helps!

annabellet

Need more bags
O.G.
Mar 28, 2006
search.ebay.com
Love spa week... My friend and I wait for these. We go to them every year.

We made and appt for Massage and partial highlights for 50 each. Great deal.
I cant wait!

luvhautecouture

Chanelaholic
O.G.
Sep 18, 2007
My favorite massage place is on the list, but the deal isn't that good. They normally give 60 minute massages for $90... they are offering 45 minute for $50... I dunno... I think I'll just pay more money for 15 minutes and get to choose when I want to go?