Sparkly Extensions / Hair Tinsel

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. I've been in sort of a rut lately. Life has not been going so well and I'm not feeling great about myself. I would like to do something fun with my look. I definitely need to drop a few pounds and work on my tan (in a bottle). I like my natural hair color and I just got a big trim about a month ago. I'll probably change up my bangs. I considered getting a digital perm, but I think I would rather hold off on doing anything involving chemicals. I saw a woman with these really cool kind of sparkly strands through her hair not long ago. Has anyone heard of sparkly hair extensions? I think it would be really fun to put gold extensions in my blonde hair (sort of mermaidish for summer). I have no idea where I would find them though and I can't find any pictures online. Any ideas?

2. I've never heard of sparkly hair extensions, though I'm kinda interested...I'd love to see pictures if anyone has them!

Have you considered calling a Sally's Beauty Supply? Maybe they have them or know of someone who does.

3. I can't remember what they are called but I saw the commercial on TV. I thought they were really geared for little girls but maybe they look nicer in person.

4. Thank you for the link!

I actually saw them on a very stylish/professional middle aged woman and really liked them. I think it depends on how many you get and the color.I can see a bunch of blue ones looking very "tween." If I did them it would probably be a few gold or silver strands in my blonde hair. Just something kind of fun for spring/summer, but not permanent.

5. A girl in my dance class has these and they look really awesome. She say's that they take a little bit to get the hang of putting them in but once you do they are really easy. She's in her mid 30's and her daughter is 6. Both of them look really awesome with them.

ETA: She say's that the first time she put them in they lasted about 2 weeks but once she got the hang of getting them in right they last about a month. She also washes her hair every other day. I don't know if that makes a difference or not. :smile:

6. Those look cute! I think I'd love to try some of those for summer. I think a few scattered throughout would look awesome.

Although I was watching the little instructional video and if you tie them into the hair essentially, how are you supposed to get them out your hair?

7. These would look cute for a night out but not everyday for me!

8. Nope, not even a night out for me. They are not my style at all.

9. ^Agree w/ Vhdos...Not me at all. Never.

10. So I saw a youtube video from itsjudytime this weekend and she was using hairflairs...basically glittery strings that you tie to your hair..They looked really cute on her

Beyonce recently wore them to the Grammys

[​IMG]

more photos I found around the internet...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

has anyone tried these? I am intrigued by them but wonder if I am too old. lol
    If I were to get some I would get the hot pink :graucho: and maybe the brown so that it would blend into my hair.

11. I saw a picture of them in a hair salon, I would really like to try them. But they look difficult to put in by your self!

12. These have these at Sephora. Check by the sale section, I believe they are onsale for $5 and they come in a variety of colors

13. I'm a waitress and wear them all the time. I'm 22, so hopefully I'm not too old! LOL, but they look super cute. I have blond hair and wear gold strands. I'm not super crazy about some of the bright colors, but for the superbowl my stylist put game day colors in my hair. Made lots of tips!