Spammers on eBay?

I'm getting bids on items from usernames which highly resemble Spam email addresses. Are there spammers on eBay? These are the user names:

Member id monferna-3q3ruk

Member id uspares.qr4g9sjuw
I agree that those are fake IDs and they'll be trouble.

Cancel the bids and block. While they may be legit, there are too many chances that they aren't and I'd avoid potential problems.

ETA: Both are supposedly registered in CA. This is too much of a coincidence that they're both from the same state. IMO, it's more reason to BBL.

Hello, could someone confirm what is a fake ID? Are these people who have set up accounts with stolen credit cards? Would these accounts also have lots of feedback and be established accounts or will they be new ones?

There really isn't a specific guide to identifying fake accounts but instead, there are the types of IDs that rings of scammers use. usually those IDs have a similar pattern or format to them. Many are newbies with few or no feedback and for those with feedbacks, those feedbacks were either "earned" by buying from each other or by buying penny auctions. (It's a way to "purchase" feedback.)

For example, last winter, I was saving names from a rings of scammers who were sellingfakes Uggs.

These were some of the IDs, all subsequently naru'ed. You can see the similarity in the choice of IDs:

7453t6522x (0 )
http://myworld.ebay.com/caraavc0682?_trksid=p2047675.l2559http://myworld.ebay.com/8yy4165gsh?_trksid=p2047675.l25598s26m6542x (0 )
http://myworld.ebay.com/caraavc0682?_trksid=p2047675.l25598yy4165gsh (0 )
bellinoyufu46 (0 )
brienxuj1939 (0 )
caraavc0682 (0 )

d511asa (19 )
damarcus129 (0 )
df22sd (19
df23565sd (16)
df55wwed (18)
dgfd2121df (17

Interesting. Would someone enlighten me to the purpose of these spam accounts? I don't see the benefit of creating a spam ID and using it to bid, unless like BB said they are trying to win cheap auctions to build feedback.

Many of my sales are fixed price, but I've noticed an increase in this sort of buyer (unintelligible ID, low/no feedback score) - in one case my buyer was NARU'd even before I had shipped the item.

Am I missing something?

Interesting. Would someone enlighten me to the purpose of these spam accounts? I don't see the benefit of creating a spam ID and using it to bid, unless like BB said they are trying to win cheap auctions to build feedback.

Many of my sales are fixed price, but I've noticed an increase in this sort of buyer (unintelligible ID, low/no feedback score) - in one case my buyer was NARU'd even before I had shipped the item.

Am I missing something?

Another reason would be to mess with competition, i.e. If they have another account and are selling similar items.

I thought it was rather hard to create multiple ebay accounts (especially if once suspended) as you need a new bank account, name, address...etc..., wasn't it? I would never think of these two ids as spams... learning something every day.

I thought it was rather hard to create multiple ebay accounts (especially if once suspended) as you need a new bank account, name, address...etc..., wasn't it? I would never think of these two ids as spams... learning something every day.

Actually, it is quite easy to have more than one eBay account; all you need to create a new one is another e-mail address. However, if you do so after a suspension, then eBay is likely to suspend the new one, too.

I'm getting bids on items from usernames which highly resemble Spam email addresses. Are there spammers on eBay? These are the user names:

Member id monferna-3q3ruk

Member id uspares.qr4g9sjuw

I agree that those are fake IDs and they'll be trouble.

Cancel the bids and block. While they may be legit, there are too many chances that they aren't and I'd avoid potential problems.

ETA: Both are supposedly registered in CA. This is too much of a coincidence that they're both from the same state. IMO, it's more reason to BBL.

These are ID's who have previously purchased as eBay guests and then clicked the option to create an account following their guest purchase. eBay then gives the option to select a new username but you don't have to, so it then assigns you a nonsensical ID like those above.