Space for Guys & their Hermès

Hi gents! I was looking to add the K32 to my list, but wanted to try one in-hand first at a local consignment store before I settled the size. I have to say, it's just as beautiful as I had imagined it to be!

Looking for opinions on if this 32 (pictured) is too big and if I should go down to the 28. I tried both and I honestly can't tell – but I was absent-minded enough to forget to take pictures of the 28. The SA here said that 35 is definitely too big. For reference, I'm 5' 10" (178cm), ~155lbs (70.3kg). I'm slightly concerned my arm is going to bang against the bag constantly as I walk, or the proportions won't be visually right if I switch to a thicker or longer strap.

I don't mind a dash of femininity (actually I welcome it, hence carrying this sort of bag at all), but I want to stay in the general realm of masculine. Thanks in advance!!

IMG_1977.jpg

Hi gents! I was looking to add the K32 to my list, but wanted to try one in-hand first at a local consignment store before I settled the size. I have to say, it's just as beautiful as I had imagined it to be!

Looking for opinions on if this 32 (pictured) is too big and if I should go down to the 28. I tried both and I honestly can't tell – but I was absent-minded enough to forget to take pictures of the 28. The SA here said that 35 is definitely too big. For reference, I'm 5' 10" (178cm), ~155lbs (70.3kg). I'm slightly concerned my arm is going to bang against the bag constantly as I walk, or the proportions won't be visually right if I switch to a thicker or longer strap.

I don't mind a dash of femininity (actually I welcome it, hence carrying this sort of bag at all), but I want to stay in the general realm of masculine. Thanks in advance!!

View attachment 5699509
Personally, I think you could do a K28 or K32 and still look awesome doing so. I would err towards the 28 myself, given the length of the strap, and where the bag sits on your side.

But I definitely agree with your SA that the K35 would be too big.

Reactions: Cat Bouquet

View attachment 5699509
I think this size (32) looks good on you. To avoid having your arm hit the bag when walking, just sling it backwards or even more towards the front. The size 32 still looks good hand-carried, if you want to have that option, while the 28 looks very feminine when carried by hand due to its size.

View attachment 5699509

This would all depend on how you plan on using the bag and also what you currently have in your collection. Personally I think the 32 would be big. I have a B35 now and hoping to get a K25 or K28. I want it to be a day bag worn cross body for essentials only and to have a rounded collection of sizes. Btw: we have the same height and weight proportions so you can pull off a 28 or 25 if you wish. Did you take a mod shot with a 28 on?

Reactions: Cat Bouquet

View attachment 5699509
I personally think the 32 looks fine for you; I wouldn't go smaller. I am 6ft 1, so thanks for this photo---as it provides a visual point of reference & kind of lets me know that I should spring for a KD 36 or 38 and would be fine (I want to use it as a messenger/briefcase). The only thing that looks a little "off" is the strap; I would spring for a much thicker strap with this size bag, since you mentioned you "want to stay in the general realm of masculine".

View attachment 5699509
I like K32 on you. Any pic with K28? if K28, i'd do sellier.

I like K32 on you. Any pic with K28? if K28, i'd do sellier.

In my excitement, I totally forgot to take any pictures with a K28, I'll probably go back in a few days and do that. I specifically asked for a retourne though, because it looked more casual than sellier. Is there a reason for 28 in sellier?

I already dress pretty conservatively (dress shirts, leather shoes, pleated trousers), and I'm told that sometimes it borders on a bit too much (I live in an athleisure city, which is totally great, don't get me wrong). I don't know if a K in sellier would push me over that ledge – unless you think it looks better!

Still on the fence between 28/32 sadly, but definitely agree that it needs a wider strap. Thank you all for your opinions so far, I do appreciate it!

In my excitement, I totally forgot to take any pictures with a K28, I'll probably go back in a few days and do that. I specifically asked for a retourne though, because it looked more casual than sellier. Is there a reason for 28 in sellier?

I already dress pretty conservatively (dress shirts, leather shoes, pleated trousers), and I'm told that sometimes it borders on a bit too much (I live in an athleisure city, which is totally great, don't get me wrong). I don't know if a K in sellier would push me over that ledge – unless you think it looks better!

Still on the fence between 28/32 sadly, but definitely agree that it needs a wider strap. Thank you all for your opinions so far, I do appreciate it!
I don’t see any issue. The sharp lines of the sellier are crisp and clean, which I prefer over the relaxed retourné version.

I would go with your gut feeling of which one you prefer in person because the choice is quite a personal aesthetic one. (Albeit many do appreciate both versions)

• Insightful
Reactions: 880
I don’t see any issue. The sharp lines of the sellier are crisp and clean, which I prefer over the relaxed retourné version.

I would go with your gut feeling of which one you prefer in person because the choice is quite a personal aesthetic one. (Albeit many do appreciate both versions)
I tried K28 Sellier in my casual clothing and I liked it. That’s why you might want to try both sizes and styles. :smile:
9F3D6C36-0AEA-4D5A-8B89-1A2C63798D26.jpeg

Hey gents! I was looking for a new crossbody bag. Went to my local Hermes boutique and found this! I can see myself using this, A LOT! . It’s called Hermes Ultraplat cross bag 37. Would you get this bag for yourself?

View attachment 5700970
It looks nice but the space in the inside of bag looks very tight and only minute SLG may fit which will distort the leather and shape of it. If it was like bumbag that will fit more items. I think most designers tailor their luxury goods as a designer piece and not functional use.