Spa

lyseiki8

O.G.
Oct 1, 2013
Hi All:

I would like to know if any BV owners (in the US) here send their bags for spa treatment? Can you please share with me the contact and experience?

Thank you!!

Hi Grietje - Thank you very much :biggrin: Have a good evening.
Yep, I've got a BV wallet in to Modern right now. They've worked for BV for 35 years (just found that out recently). It's the best kept secret that BV SAs can't tell you - all the work goes to Modern Leather in NYC, so skip the middleman and go directly to the source. Use the form on their web site as instructed. Once my item arrived, I had the nicest gentleman with the most primo NYC accent call me to give me the cost of what I wanted and the time it would take. If you decline the work, they'll send the item back to you at no charge.

http://modernleathergoods.com

Hi ladies - Thank you for all the useful information and tips. I will check out their website now. Cheers!:biggrin:

I tried to reply to your private message but you did not accept PM. Anyway, I took mine for a spa two years ago before the price went up. It was $20. I heard the price is $80-$100 now. It will take about 3 months and it's all worth it especially light color BV

I tried to reply to your private message but you did not accept PM. Anyway, I took mine for a spa two years ago before the price went up. It was $20. I heard the price is $80-$100 now. It will take about 3 months and it's all worth it especially light color BV

Hi,
Thank you.
Sorry about it, I am still a newbie and I am not sure how to set my profile settings :biggrin:

Yep, I've got a BV wallet in to Modern right now. They've worked for BV for 35 years (just found that out recently). It's the best kept secret that BV SAs can't tell you - all the work goes to Modern Leather in NYC, so skip the middleman and go directly to the source. Use the form on their web site as instructed. Once my item arrived, I had the nicest gentleman with the most primo NYC accent call me to give me the cost of what I wanted and the time it would take. If you decline the work, they'll send the item back to you at no charge.

http://modernleathergoods.com

I know this is an older discussion but thank you for posting this information. I have a Ball bag with a small tear in the leather on the underside of the handle and I have just written to Modern Leather Goods to get an estimate on the repair.

Hi All:

I would like to know if any BV owners (in the US) here send their bags for spa treatment? Can you please share with me the contact and experience?

Thank you!!
Several years ago I took my nero cabat to my SA at the Beverly Hills boutique. She has since left BV for another position, and I have a new SA there. But I digress.
The cabat was looking a little tired and I wanted it freshened up. There was also a tiny cut in one of the handles due to my putting it in a drawer with a sharp edge at work. They repaired the small slit and the entire bag came bag looking like new.
I didn't ask where she sent it exactly, but my impression was that it went back to Italy. I might be totally wrong on that.
I'll be happy to ask where they send it.

Several years ago I took my nero cabat to my SA at the Beverly Hills boutique. She has since left BV for another position, and I have a new SA there. But I digress.
The cabat was looking a little tired and I wanted it freshened up. There was also a tiny cut in one of the handles due to my putting it in a drawer with a sharp edge at work. They repaired the small slit and the entire bag came bag looking like new.
I didn't ask where she sent it exactly, but my impression was that it went back to Italy. I might be totally wrong on that.
Thanks PorscheGirl - I did not see your posting until now. My apologies. :blush:

I'd love to have that information as well.
I bought a large Veneta, (Eclipse red from 2008) on eBay. Very dark handle, likely from hand lotion and body oils AND dirt in leather around zipper. I've ordered and tried the cleaner I bought off of the Modern Leather site, to no avail.
While the reviews on luggage repair are stellar, the"few" for handbag seem to include painting, which I do not want.

There is no BV store near me, however I could go to the Scottsdale store (in a few months)if that is the best way to go. I know it will cost(should have waited for a better one to show up)but If it's done right it will be worth it to me. ~Sigh~

This is an informative thread - please do keep posting about your repair/spa experiences. What exactly is involved in a "spa" treatment for the bag? Some have mentioned that the SAs themselves can do a spa treatment. Is it cleaning? Conditioning? Both?

The photos on the Modern Leather website are very convincing. I had a family member get her intrecciato Veneta that was a few years old relined. It came with a light lining (not sure if suede or fabric) that got dingy over the years. She took it to BV and was told only the same light lining could be placed, and though she preferred a dark lining, she went ahead with the lining replacement. It cost $300 but she said the bag came back looking like new.