Spa question

nattie1020

Jack's H-Mama
Jun 5, 2008
Hi all! So I know it's been awhile, but I'm always hovering in the background. Here's my question: I'm hoping to acquire a late 90s birkin that needs work. It definately needs its color touched up ( especially on the bottom edges). It also has a small hold on the bottom that needs repairing.

Now if I plan to use it as my beautiful workhorse should I get the hole repaired? Can the spa do that? Any idea of the cost?

And if you were using it as a workhorse ( may have a sealed sippy cup in there from time to time) would you spend the money to get it repaired? Can u pick and choose which repair?

Thanks all!!!

Hi all! So I know it's been awhile, but I'm always hovering in the background. Here's my question: I'm hoping to acquire a late 90s birkin that needs work. It definately needs its color touched up ( especially on the bottom edges). It also has a small hold on the bottom that needs repairing.

Now if I plan to use it as my beautiful workhorse should I get the hole repaired? Can the spa do that? Any idea of the cost?

And if you were using it as a workhorse ( may have a sealed sippy cup in there from time to time) would you spend the money to get it repaired? Can u pick and choose which repair?

Thanks all!!!

They can definitely touch up the color and you are called and given the choice of what to repair. Unsure about the hole, but I'm sure someone else can help you out on that. There's a Hermes repair thread here that may help. I have a bag in for restitch and cleaning. $200 for both, if that gives you a ballpark.

No, I don't think the hole can be repaired, based on a friend's vintage bag whose corners had small holes clear through. The bag came back cleaned but the holes were there. You COULD ask for them to put a new panel in the bottom but that would probably be fairly pricey. Might be worth asking for an estimate if you are getting the bag inexpensively. Good luck!

I think if you are getting a great deal for it, then it would be worthwhile to replace the panel with the hole in it. A hole in my bag is something I wouldn't live with even for a work horse bag, especially if there is a chance that everyday use could make the hole worse. In fact, I wouldn't even consider buying a used bag with a hole in it, unless I knew it could be repaired, the rest of the bag was in excellent shape, and the price was really really good.