Spa for my Herbag? Where do I even begin??

ok, i agree the leather bits could use some sprucing up. did you try rubbing your finger on the scratches to see if your natural finger oils might help it?
I think you could try some meltonian on it since it's a smooth leather. just use a TINY bit and rub in it, then use a soft cloth to buff it. but do a search first on the H forum for other instructions. HG must have left them somewhere in print. good luck!

S - is the toile part toile H? As in, is it the beige and cream coloured toile? You can clean that yourself - I do mine all the time!

Also, the vache natural leather that the Herbag is made from - the scratches will not buff out. You can polish it if you like, but it will become shinier, rather than the matte apperance it is now. The hardware I'm not sure about, as I'm yet to have any of mine polished, but you could tackle it with a silver cloth?

You can wash the blac canvas part of you bag, too, but it's in fabulous condition! The big scratches you can see around the "hole" on the flap are typical of a herbag - the closure scratches the leather all the time, but they will blend in after many years! They're inevitable, though.

I'd either send it to the spa when you can bear to be parted with your baby for a while (!) or DIY with GENTLE products. I have used "zanolin" creme sparingly on my Herbag leather with fabulous success! Good Luck, Honey! It's beautiful!

I've been so busy with a project for work, I think I've missed some stuff.
RBB: which herbag did you get?
is there a pic? a thread?
I wanna see it !
(congrats)

S - the toile I clean with a very mild solution of warm water and Lux flakes (which are mild soap flakes - I think they're the equivalent of your IVORY soap? Any way, they're soap flakes) and a soft toothbrush! I've even removed a dark denim mark that was all the way across the back! Rinse well (try not to get the binding too wet so it doesn't stain - just in case!) and pop upside down ti air dry out of the sun. Easy! The toile these days is coated, and is a cinch to clean!

So wonderful !
I am thrilled for you (ok I'm many days late on my congrats, but it is so cool.).

You are a creative gal aren't you.
Excellent play by play. I can not believe you had to sit through that luncheon !

I don't have an boutique in my state, but have sent bags to another state for cleaning, and they send it back. It was about $200 back and forth per bag for shipping. I have also dropped off a bag at the boutique and had a family member pick it up for me, and that was only $80 to clean.

I hope this helps, give them a call if you can, I don't know where you are located?

I don't have toile anything, so can't help there. Good Luck!

I have a Herbag like that and the bridle leather is scratched for good when it does get scratched but it's all part of the patina! I use Connolly leather food to spruce it up when it looks a bit tired.
I have a canvas sac which is - to be brutally honest - worn out - the corners have gone and Hermes no longer make replacements - has anybody got any suggestions about commissioning a replacement or a means of repairing the sac ( putting leather or rubber on the corners for instance)?

I cant bellieve how cheap it is in the usa for a spa

Here in London its minimum 100uk pounds thats more than 200 dollars for basic spa

I just had to pay that for my pm jige

was gobsmacked

A friend cleans the toile bits of her bags with watered down Woolite. Very time consuming process of dab dab, rinse rinse, about 2 inches at a time. Looks great though!

I love these tips, thank you everyone for sharing! I definitely want a herbag for next summer so it´s always good to know the care instructions before buying.