Spa for my Herbag? Where do I even begin??

Mar 26, 2007
I'm clueless as to how the whole Spa thing works, and if I can send my Herbag to the Spa, and how I do it. Do I have to go to an H boutique and give it to them, or can I send it off from home? Will they clean the canvas and toile part of my Herbag or do they not do that? Can they polish scratches out of palladium hardware? What will they do with the leather? The straps and the main part need moisturising, do they do that? Will they buff scratches out of the leather? What should it run?

TIA for any insight you ladies can provide. I don't even know where to start.

:flowers:

You should probably get some good leather conditioner. My local H recommends stuff from a nearby shoe repair--its what they use in the store. I use that to treat the leather at home. Not sure about the other stuff (scratches etc..). It costs some money to send a bag to the spa. I think its free for the $$$$$ bags (anyone know this?) but I think it costs something for other bags.

I sent me birkin to spa and it was $80.

most likely you will need to pick a boutique or drop off your herbag at one at the time......it will probably cost under $100 to get it done............

It's only $50 for the most basic cleaning and yes they will absolutely clean your toile.
you either take it in to your closest boutique or you can send it to nyc to claude for cleaning or the Bevery Hills store I think does it too.

It is only in the hundreds if you have the hardware changed out and they will do that twice in the lifetime of the handbag. I have had all hardware done on a birkin and i think that ran $500. But just strap plates on a birkin is much less i think.

it does take at least 6 weeks if they don't know you well so hang on to it until you really need to clean it - also, isn't your herbag black? maybe wait until summer when you don't need it as much since the weather will be hot. that way you don't have to go without it when you really need it.

with meltonian you have to be very restrained not to put on too much. i didn't heed HG's warning enough on that point and used way too much on a bag and ended up with white goo that i couldn't get off and had to send it to spa earlier than i wanted to. so, it's good advice to heed.

OK, so there is one bigger nick on the h/w (palladium, I tried to capture it in pictures. Not sure when it happened, I noticed it when I was in Michigan last week), then there's the state of the leather. The HW I'm not so worried about because there isn't much of it. But I'd like the leather to look better.

PB250125.jpg

PB250126.jpg

PB250127.jpg

PB250128.jpg

Hardware:
PB250129.jpg

PB250131.jpg

The H disks on the sides, just like the front one, still look new.