South Florida PF get together???

I am going to be convincing my bf to go there for Thanksgiving. Since he doesn't really believe in Thanksgiving we need to go there because he purchased a new apartment there and we need to buy furniture and hopefully find someone to rent it to. I am going to look for tickets right now.

I don't know where you are flying from but we get great deals on Southwest Airlines flying into Fort Lauderdale which is a much quieter airport and renting a car from there, hope this helps

love the idea! count me in! btw, as far as age goes, i am older than one of my vintage bags ::giggle:: anyway, Worth Ave. would be great but i may sink into a deep depression afterwards...are there therapists specializing in purse addiction? :smile: and....Town Center Mall in Boca has Neimans, Saks, Bloomies, Macys, LV boutique, Nordstrom, Coach boutique, as well as a separate apartment there for me :wlae:

The date is fast approaching.. sorry I haven't been more active in this, I've just been so sick recently.

Ladies chime in if this weekend is good or if we should move it back some...

We'll its a fact that I'm not going. Its my grandmother's 70th birthday that week and we will celebrate on the weekend and that sunday it is our close friends birthday as well. I will definitely be in Sunny Isles Dec 27 to Jan 4 maybe we can have another meeting (if all goes well) or a few of us can meet up in late December. I am usually in Florida every few months and now my SO opened a branch of his company in Hollywood , FL so we will be there even more often. I wish you all the best time and you better take pictures!!! I would also like to hear about the inventory at the mall because i love the shopping in Miami.

I'm actually going to be in the area - Lighthouse Point exactly. Keep me in the loup, my sister and I might drive down. I haven't shopping in Miami in ages - have to say that I love the Boca Town Center and its like 15 minutes away.

I just saw this thread - I'm in Miami and I'm sure you all want to meet the grandmother of 4 in this group (no, I won't bring them) - Did we decide on where? The parking at Merrick Park is pretty good. I haven't been up to Bal Harbour in ages (lazy driver). Is this a done deal?

Since our get together is only a week away, I thought it might be a good idea to repost those that are going (and the maybe's as well). If you can't make it any longer, let us know. If I'm a dork and left you out, let me know too.

Date: Saturday, November 25th
Place: Bal Harbour (?)
Time: TBA (hopefully very soon)
RSVP's from: fendihunter, anotheremptysky, eff, habanerita, Megs & Vlad, claudia rucker, lordguinny(?), julietcapulet, photoobsessive, Purse-onality, janice, winternight(?), & SuzyZ.

BTW, post any ideas you might have on where we can meet, have lunch, etc...

Ahh we need to figure this out quick!! I am sorry I haven't been posting much- things are hectic and my week at home with Vlad will be hectic.

Maybe we should just do lunch if that is easier for everyone.. or give a lunch and or shopping option?

Ahh we need to figure this out quick!! I am sorry I haven't been posting much- things are hectic and my week at home with Vlad will be hectic.

Maybe we should just do lunch if that is easier for everyone.. or give a lunch and or shopping option?

I was actually thinking the same thing. Maybe we could do lunch to meet and talk. If any of us want to continue after lunch with shopping, that can be left up in the air and decided then and there.

I hope we can settle on a restaurant and time to meet so we can plan around that. Since I'll probably leave my husband at home babysitting our son, I'd definitely like to have an idea of what we'll be doing as soon as possible.

Lunch is fine or even brunch, but where, is Coral GAbles, Bal Harbor/Miami Beach area, Ft. Lauderdale or Boca?-All Shopping areas will be crowded that day, so maybe a Coral Gables Restaurant, a Bal Harbor/ Miami Beach Restaurant, etc., etc.-Now, who is closest to which area and who has the most difficult time getting from one area to the other?
I'll be glad to come up with restaurants in the Coral Gables, South Miami, Bal Harbor, Beach area, some also in Fort Lauderdale-Boca I am only familiar with Houston's near the mall-what do we do and where do we go!