South Coast Plaza Trunk Show is tomorrow

And ITA! This season it was like, oh hey why don't I throw some lace here and some sequins here and crush a few bags together. It was all over the place. My mom thinks that they're testing loyalty and trying to see if people will go batty over EVERY line they put out...and also that they're trying to steer people back to the more classic bags. Who knows. :shrugs:

LOL, yeah who knows what they were thinking with this line, but they have really outdone themselves for sure! I am almost hoping that LV sees a dip in sales (:devil:I know, i'm evil...) so that they are forced to pump some more juice into their creative design team for next time. We want wearable fashion, not this arts and crafts project gone wrong!!

you know it's interesting.. because my SA said she already sold/waitlisted like 6 people for the new shopper bags.. but in the gold/white instead of the orange/blue.. she got like 2 people for that. and while i was there, about four people waitlisted the patchwork bags.. i think a messenger was one, slung over the shoulder.. it was cute - on her. i dont think many people could pull it off. there was a lot of japanese talking. lol.

the 'buttons' one rebecca is talking about is more like leather circles on the bag at random points, but i agree it does look like buttons! haha. the canvas has an interesting "antigua" feel to it.. it's... interesting to say the least! and the Ivorie epi is to be released on march 1st, like rebecca said. :smile:

LOL, yeah who knows what they were thinking with this line, but they have really outdone themselves for sure! I am almost hoping that LV sees a dip in sales (:devil:I know, i'm evil...) so that they are forced to pump some more juice into their creative design team for next time. We want wearable fashion, not this arts and crafts project gone wrong!!

:lol:
I know what you mean though. I think it's getting to the point where they think people will just buy it because it's LV...not gonna happen.
And lol..arts and crafts project gone wrong :roflmfao:

you know it's interesting.. because my SA said she already sold/waitlisted like 6 people for the new shopper bags.. but in the gold/white instead of the orange/blue.. she got like 2 people for that. and while i was there, about four people waitlisted the patchwork bags.. i think a messenger was one, slung over the shoulder.. it was cute - on her. i dont think many people could pull it off. there was a lot of japanese talking. lol.

the 'buttons' one rebecca is talking about is more like leather circles on the bag at random points, but i agree it does look like buttons! haha. the canvas has an interesting "antigua" feel to it.. it's... interesting to say the least! and the Ivorie epi is to be released on march 1st, like rebecca said. :smile:

Oh THOSE shopper bags. Ya we had those here then too. I didn't really like them at all. I don't even know how many people were waitlisted for anything but I'm glad I don't like anything this time around. At least now I know I'm not crazy...I LOVED the Miroir on the runway and loved it even more in person. With the S/S bags, I didn't them on the runway and seeing them IRL didn't do anything to improve my opinion of them. I don't know HOW many people telling me I had to see them in person first..well..I saw them. And :yucky: lol.

Thanks for the update ...I am still shocked at the green & orange sequins on the tote as I thought they would be silver & gold ... I don't know to remove my name off the waitlist for it and just concentrate on the east west pm in gold/white:confused1:

Thanks for the update ...I am still shocked at the green & orange sequins on the tote as I thought they would be silver & gold ... I don't know to remove my name off the waitlist for it and just concentrate on the east west pm in gold/white:confused1:

You're welcome :flowers:
Ugh I know. I definitely would have taken a picture of it if I could have but I didn't really think it was appropriate. It's just weird though, the sequins kind of LOOKED like they were supposed to be an aurora borealis color but instead, they were more of a seafoam green. The whole thing just looked odd. And that satin will probably snag with only a couple of uses. That was the only LVOE they had but there was a better pic in the look book that seemed to show the canvas one having silver and gold bugle beads. That one looked a little better but I wish I could have seen that one in person.
It's weird, I'm just hoping that maybe these are just samples and the ones that go to market will be improved a bit? :shrugs:

Here's a pic from another site that kind of shows you what the colors (LV are orange, OE are seafoam green) look like on the Violet tote:
4dntmht.jpg

You're welcome :flowers:
Ugh I know. I definitely would have taken a picture of it if I could have but I didn't really think it was appropriate. It's just weird though, the sequins kind of LOOKED like they were supposed to be an aurora borealis color but instead, they were more of a seafoam green. The whole thing just looked odd. And that satin will probably snag with only a couple of uses. That was the only LVOE they had but there was a better pic in the look book that seemed to show the canvas one having silver and gold bugle beads. That one looked a little better but I wish I could have seen that one in person.
It's weird, I'm just hoping that maybe these are just samples and the ones that go to market will be improved a bit? :shrugs:

Thanks for your comments on it ... I am just disappointed to read about it as I adored the concept/look of the bag but now am I not sure at all:s

No problem. This was probably the biggest disappointment for me..I was really hoping these would be so much cuter in person but meh. I mean, you can probably stay on the list and wait until your store gets them in so you can see for yourself because like I said, you might actually like them. I just was hoping for more with these..but the materials used plus the price just killed it for me.
If ANYthing, I would prefer the canvas one, if I had to have one. The satin just seems much too delicate for more than occasional use. And even then, you'd probably have to be really careful not to snag it or brush against any rough surfaces or your bag would get ruined for good.

I will have to think about it as I can't stand orange or green at all:shame: I am disappointed to read about the satin issues too ...thanks for your insight:love: I need a bag that I CAN actually use.

Lol you're welcome. I like the colors, but separately, not all together.
It helps when you see it in person and this really doesn't seem like an everyday bag by any means. I'm glad I could help!