South bank Vs Odeon PM, which one did you get and which is you love more?

echoshadow

Jan 18, 2022
Got my pochette metis not long ago in black but I want a canvas crossbody bag more for everyday use. I love the look of south bank but it is discontinued, so Im thinking of getting Odeon, or find a south bank on fashionphile. Its so hard to make the decision, which one do you love more and why?

I went with the SBB. The deciding factor for me was the opening of the Odeon PM was a bit fussy to get something like my sunglasses in and out. The curved shape makes it more limiting.

Reactions: Loriad
I will get the odeon pm, mono with the black leather. I usually dont zip so im ok with the zippers. Love the detachable strap, i can use it with my other bags and if you dont like the tag hanging, you can always remove it.

I have the South Bank and love it. I love the outside pocket, carefree nature of the DE, the pop of red inside. I guess my unpopular opinion (to quote another thread) is I just am not crazy about the tag hanging off the center of the Odeon. Maybe if it was on the side like the tassel on the South Bank?
I will get the odeon pm, mono with the black leather. I usually dont zip so im ok with the zippers. Love the detachable strap, i can use it with my other bags and if you dont like the tag hanging, you can always remove it.
I don't like the tag in the middle of the bag on the Odeon or so many other styles. Even if you remove the tag, the other part remains and looks silly to me. I stay away from all styles that have this annoying feature. It is as though LV saw how many people were trying to buy luggage tags to get hotstamps on them and thought "let's put a luggage tag on everything". :lol:

I am also a fan of the Southbank over the Odeon. The Southbank is the perfect size, bigger than Odeon PM and smaller than the MM. Strap width is perfect and extremely comfortable.
I’m not a fan of the front tag, leather corner patches and the opening of the Odeons.
Only con on Southbank is the fixed strap, would have loved a detachable strap.
I’ve had mine for several years now and it is my most carried bag, I love it!
Good luck!

I just returned my Odeon pm as it had a fault but im not reordering as I did find the opening to restrictive when carried crossbody. Due to it falling against the hip, it’s almost like the opening snaps closed and you can’t just reach in easily. You have to pull the whole bag away from your body to get any access. I prefer the look of the odeon as I love mono/black combo but the bag didn’t work for me.

I don't like the tag in the middle of the bag on the Odeon or so many other styles. Even if you remove the tag, the other part remains and looks silly to me. I stay away from all styles that have this annoying feature. It is as though LV saw how many people were trying to buy luggage tags to get hotstamps on them and thought "let's put a luggage tag on everything". :lol:
LV needs to bring back the South bank! You can’t compare the South bank with the Odeon. Does anyone know if LV ever brings back styles or once they are gone they are gone forever?!

LV needs to bring back the South bank! You can’t compare the South bank with the Odeon. Does anyone know if LV ever brings back styles or once they are gone they are gone forever?!
I think they bring back things that are similar. The Odeon is similar. But I have the South Bank and absolutely love it. I'm not a fan of the Odeon simply because of that tag. Maybe if it wasn't in the middle..... I see the Odeon all over in my area so people must love it.

I think they bring back things that are similar. The Odeon is similar. But I have the South Bank and absolutely love it. I'm not a fan of the Odeon simply because of that tag. Maybe if it wasn't in the middle..... I see the Odeon all over in my area so people must love it.
Yes it is similar. I hope they make an Odeon that has a pop of red like the southbank has. I’m nervous to purchase a used southbank in case it is not authentic. So upset I never bought one when I had the chance from LV

Got my pochette metis not long ago in black but I want a canvas crossbody bag more for everyday use. I love the look of south bank but it is discontinued, so Im thinking of getting Odeon, or find a south bank on fashionphile. Its so hard to make the decision, which one do you love more and why?
Odeon MM NM, bigger opening, more prints choice, newer bag, wider strap. downside: typically more expensive

I have both and must say I like both equally :biggrin:
They are different bags (one has removable strap but the other does not, for example - while one has a spot for bag charms to be displayed while the other does not).

I am grateful I bought the South Bank Besace before it got discontinued.
I bought both as I only like bags in the damier ebene canvas and dislike monogram canvas.