Source: Beyoncé and Jay-Z Take Out Marriage License

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. [​IMG]Beyoncé Knowles and longtime beau Jay-Z have taken out a marriage license in Scarsdale, N.Y., PEOPLE has learned.

According to a source, the pair took out a license on Tuesday morning. The document is valid for 60 days.

A rep for Beyoncé told PEOPLE, "No comment." Jay-Z's spokesperson could not be reached for comment.

Beyoncé, 26, and Jay-Z, 38, have been dating since 2002, though the couple have stood reluctant to discuss their relationship publicly. Rumors about their romance began circulating after the singer appeared on Jay-Z's song "'03 Bonnie & Clyde," followed by collaborations on Beyoncé 's solo hit "Crazy In Love," in 2003.

While the two have remained tight-lipped about the state of their romance, by no means has Beyoné brushed off talk of marriage. In Dec. 2006, the singer told InStyle, "You can't rush a man into anything – whether it's a relationship, marriage or having children."

Earlier that month the pair was besieged by rumors that they were all set to get hitched in the Caribbean – a rumor that was quickly scotched by their reps.

2. ^^^Awww I love Beyonce, I wish them the best!! I would love to see wedding pics

3. How fitting. Taking out a marriage license on April Fools Day...

4. ^^^exactly.

5. Good call Envy:tup:

6. We have heard this one before

7. Personally I wish them all the best. They're such a cute couple!

8. lol.. ENVY....so true...Maybe they're hyping everything up for that- ASHTON KUTCHER SHOW....And they probably got new albums coming out...lol

9. LOL.

10. that's great congrats B & J.

11. I wouldnt be surprised if they are already married, good call on it being on April Fools Day :lol:

12. ^ Me too. I kind of think they already are or just really have no desire to do it ever.

13. congrats if its true.

14. Beyoncé & Jay-Z 'Looked Happy' Getting Marriage License

By Steve Helling and Diane Clehane
    Originally posted Wednesday April 02, 2008 01:05 PM EDT

[​IMG]Beyoncé and Jay-Z arrived at Scarsdale Village Hall shortly after it opened at 9 a.m on Tuesday to get their marriage license. "It was just the two of them," an eyewitness tells PEOPLE. "They were very polite and smiling as they filled out the paperwork. They were holding hands for a while. They looked really happy."

Could their happiness be because the longtime couple is finally putting the constant wedding and split rumors to rest? Although a rep for Beyoncé, 26, had no comment and a rep for Jay-Z, 38, could not be reached, the courthouse trip is the first real indication that the pair – who first started dating in 2002 – will walk down the aisle.

Rumors of a wedding have long followed the couple, and Beyoncé has admitted to thinking about how it would happen. "I don't know when I'll want to get married," she told Cosmopolitan in January 2006. "I never pictured myself as a bride, but after my sister's wedding, I did start thinking about what kind of wedding I'd want. I don't think I want a big one."

A year later, she told InStyle, "Maybe me and my man will go away to an island; maybe we'll go to a church. I have no idea."

15. aww congrats to them!