SOS YSL return

yoshiko

Feb 27, 2017
I bought the black hardware wallet on chain large size at the store today. Less than 5 minutes later I went to return it and they said they only do store credit... no one told me that when I bought it. Please help I don’t know what to do now. Now I just have the gift card but I don’t want to buy anything else...

yoshiko,

While your situation sounds very frustrating, the “store credit only” policy seems to be fairly popular with luxury companies.

The first thing I would do is find out if the gift card has an expiration date, and if the gift card can be used in store and online, or just in store. I would also find out if there are any restrictions on the category of merchandise the gift card can be used on.

It is probably going to be very difficult to get the full value back in cash.

If you have friends that like YSL, it might be worthwhile to offer to sell the gift card to them for less than the actual value, maybe 90% of actual value. I am guessing that it would be hard to sell the gift card to someone who does not know and trust you, but you could try to resell it online for less than actual value.

Another idea would be to try to purchase discontinued or popular items and then resell them. The negative with this idea is that you would probably only be able to recover about 50% of the gift card’s value, as well as having all of the work of trying to resell the items. This would probably be my last resort idea.

My final (and probably best) suggestion is to try to find an item or items from YSL that you know you could make good use of. Maybe a few new pairs of sunglasses or shoes, perhaps some clothing, or some of their belts and scarves. YSL also has some really cute mini bags and small leather goods. It will probably take some time and effort to find something that you will use and enjoy, but you can do it!

Best wishes on an outcome that you are content with.

Reactions: S_STAR