SOS! What do you do with curry?

S'Mom

Resistance is Futile
O.G.
Apr 8, 2006
Yep! Today I was wearing my new scarf and what do you think this Klutz did?!?!?!?! That's right, ladies. My new scarf is now wearing some curry sauce that is supposed to stay ON the Chicken TikKa Masalla!!! :wtf: (This is why I don't wear anything white if I can help it OR why bags like Rose Dragee and white/toile combos never come home with me).

WHAT DO I DO!!!!! I've never had a Curry Emergency before.......:sad:

:wtf: Oh shopmom!!! I wish I could help!! Do you have a trusted drycleaner you could take it to?? Maybe someone with more knowledge will have just the answer!

shopmom, you mustn't let the curry oil stay on your scarf too long. You have to do it yourself. Handwash it. Use mild dishwashing detergent to get rid of the oil. I hope the curry colour comes off. Woolite won't be able to do it. Only dishwashing detergent.

OH GOOD G*D!!
Curry is bad. The turmeric is a dye!

ARGH. Well, first, put down your...(or rather, pick up a fresh...) martini

Then run a sink with cold water, I would go with dove or ivory dish soap, to start. Put it in the water and add the scarf, then when the whole thing has been wet, you can fish out the spot and gently work a little more soap into it.

If the scarf is new, there will be color in the water, thats OK.

You can add a little LITTLE oxyclean to the water, too, like a half teaspoon....Dont let it soak, just keep sloshing it around.

Rinse the dickens out of it.

Gulp, which "new" scarf was it, s'mom?
please, not a mousseline :wtf:

shopmom, you mustn't let the curry oil stay on your scarf too long. You have to do it yourself. Handwash it. Use mild dishwashing detergent to get rid of the oil. I hope the curry colour comes off. Woolite won't be able to do it. Only dishwashing detergent.

Oh, Thank You S........I'm off and running!

Remind me to never wear a scarf to the Indian Restaurant again.....or ANY restaurant ........or if I do, remind me to take it OFF before I start stuffing my face..........

I dont think I would do the dry cleaner, I think you run more of a risk they will overwork the spot, or fail to get it out, in which case it will set...

Shopmom411, If you went to where I'm thinking you went, I LOVE THE CHICKEN TIKAL MASALA!

I don't gots any experience with scarves but hopefully you'll get it out! I'm sure with the ladies have wonderful advice!

I'm soooo hungry but I can only have damn liquids..GRH

No....not the mousselline.....it's my "Turqueries........Mr. de T" Muffin just got for me.

oiy........I'll keep ya posted......here I go.......

and for the love of chocolate, do not press it until the spot is completely out!!! You will set it for sure. It may take a couple of washings. Dont soak it!!!