SOS- need help with SO!

kashmira

Team Orange
O.G.
Feb 6, 2008
Two weeks ago my SA sent me an e-mail saying that my SO placed last year (etoupe Birkin with lining in framboise) was supposed to arrive at the end of 2010/beginning of 2011 but there was slight possibility that it would arrive earlier. I was so happy as I thought that meant that my order had been accepted by Paris!

Yesterday I got the most depressing news- she had been informed of that that framboise is not available and instead they had suggested rose shocking, fuchsia or pink. If I want a "red" lining I could get rubis or bouganvillier.

Now I don't know what to do! I don't want pink or bouganvillier and I have never seen fuchsia in person (but it seems as if it is similar to rose shocking but with a more blue undertone). I am curious of rubis as somebody reported it to be a "jeweled raspberry color" but I also read that it would look like rouge H but without the brown undertone. What is the difference between rubis and framboise and for example rouge vif? Also would rubis look good with etoupe?

I like rose shocking but I had originally chosen framboise to rose shocking as framboise was a more "muted" colour. It is not that I don't like it- I love it but I am a bit afraid of that I will get tired of it- after all it is a bag that I am planning to carry for years!
Shall I abandon the idea of a pink/red colour and get a lining in a totally different colour such as for example orange?

There is another colour I LOVE- potiron but I'd like that for a Kelly. Shall I ask my SA if it is possible to ge a Kelly in potiron (it used to be a SO but I am not sure of if it is still available) instead?

Also I am a bit interested in the new So Sport but I don't know what size this bag has and I wonder if it could be SO:d in potiron?

What to do? (I am sorry for this long post - any input would be very much appreciated)

I vote for rose shocking as it is most similar to your original SO. I remember that it was not easy to tell RS or framboise apart unless they were placed side by side. As it's going to be the inside of the bag where it's naturally darker, it shouldn't be a problem. (See how we can convince ourselves into anything?)

Rubis is new and I have not seen any samples so can't comment on that. Do you have the leather book over there so you can look at it?

I would go for a fuchsia or RS lining - both are pretty similar to frambroise, and like Lyanna mentioned, it is darker inside the bag so the difference is not very visible (unless you place it side by side).

I vote for rose shocking as it is most similar to your original SO. I remember that it was not easy to tell RS or framboise apart unless they were placed side by side. As it's going to be the inside of the bag where it's naturally darker, it shouldn't be a problem. (See how we can convince ourselves into anything?)

Rubis is new and I have not seen any samples so can't comment on that. Do you have the leather book over there so you can look at it?

Thanks for your input LS! I have some small accessories in framboise and rose shocking and (and rouge vif I think) and have tried to compare them. I think that I will put my rose shocking post-it note holder in my birkin next to my framboise agenda and see what it looks like and if there is a huge difference.

Unfortunately there is not even a H store where I live but I might be able to go to one this weekend but I guess there is no point in going there unless they have a colour swatch of rubis.

Thank you pyrexia and esw55 for your input!

^Me too, Kashmira. They're very similar and unless they're placed side by side, it's really hard to tell them apart. And of course if unless one is Lilach.

^Me too, Kashmira. They're very similar and unless they're placed side by side, it's really hard to tell them apart. And of course if unless one is Lilach.

Or MrsS! :P

Kashmira
- I don't think the stores have received the new swatches yet. I've been bugging my SA to let me know when they come in, but zilch so far!

purseinsanity, Queenie and pyrexia! Thank you so much for your comments- I do appreciate it:heart:.

A potiron Kelly is ruled out too- this colour is not even possible to SO any longer according to my SA:sad::cry::crybaby: so an etoupe Birkin it is- either with a lining in RS or rubis... Decisions, decisions...

I thought someone here in tpf has an etoupe/RS combi as well...i just can't remember who. But that is definitely a very stunning combi, i'd say go for it! :tup:

Agree if you want something along the lines of raspberry/pink RS/Fuchsia would be your best bet. If you don't mind purple, I think Violet would be lovely too!

Etoupe clemence with RS chevre lining

etoupe2.jpg