SOS for Dry, Faded Leather

Prada143

O.G.
Mar 25, 2013
Hi guys! I bought this 07 Violet City Preowned. It did not look too faded in the pictures but when I got it, the leather has faded on a lot of parts (see the difference in colors between the bottom of the bag and the front above the zipper) and feels dry on the parts where it has faded. Other parts are still moist and has a rich color, like the handles and bottom of the bag. I don't want to return this, I just want to treat it. I think it has been exposed to too much sun.

Is there a moisturizer that I can use to moisturize the dry parts and maybe deepen the faded colors? I don't want to dye the leather because it might remove the beautiful "glaze" of the bag. LMB? Apple? Leather Honey? What can you recommend? Thanks!

photo 1.JPG

photo 2.JPG

photo 3.JPG

Hey there! I own a Violet Day and she was slightly faded, very papery and dry at first. I used Apple Garde to clean it, and then Leather Honey to restore some colour and softness. I can't recommend the Leather Honey enough! It completely revived my bag. After a few months I purchased the Balenciaga Nourishing Cream and used it to buff the leather - that restored shine on most of the matte parts. Now it looks beautiful and I find that with more use the leather has gotten more sumptuous. Hope this helps!

I agree, leather honey will really help to moisturize the leather and will probably even darken it a bit. Just put more leather honey on the spots you want darker (I recommend doing many thin layers, so build up to the amount you want to use where you want it, don't glob on a lot at once). Amazon has leather honey for a good price. Hope that helps!

Thanks Riiche and Robyn! I will try leather honey. The bag's not dirty so I proly wont use Apple Garde. But I will also try Balenciaga's cream 'coz I want my bags with a bit glaze to it. :smile: might make a before and after post after I'm done. Wish me luck! :smile:

I was able to completely turn around my 06 Truffle when she came to me very dry and faded. I used Meltonian cream & leather lotion and it really worked wonders (photo below for reference). Leather honey should do the trick, let us know how it turns out & share photos!

Attachments

• photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    351.4 KB · Views: 540
I was able to completely turn around my 06 Truffle when she came to me very dry and faded. I used Meltonian cream & leather lotion and it really worked wonders (photo below for reference). Leather honey should do the trick, let us know how it turns out & share photos!

Wow, that is DIVINE. Did you use a coloured or neutral cream? I'm open to trying this on my Bordeaux, it's kind of limp-looking at the moment :shucks:

Prada143 said:
Thanks Riiche and Robyn! I will try leather honey. The bag's not dirty so I proly wont use Apple Garde. But I will also try Balenciaga's cream 'coz I want my bags with a bit glaze to it. :smile: might make a before and after post after I'm done. Wish me luck! :smile:

Oooh pics would be great, I'm interested to see how your Violet turns out. I'm sure it'll be beautiful after a little love. Good luck! :flowers:

Wow, that is DIVINE. Did you use a coloured or neutral cream? I'm open to trying this on my Bordeaux, it's kind of limp-looking at the moment :shucks

I used a bit of both, I went with the colored cream in Fashion Brown, I believe (links below). I was very careful at first because I didn't want to end up with something that no longer resembled Truffle in its original glory but the color ended up being perfect. I also used the leather lotion to soften the dryness.

http://www.amazon.com/Meltonian-Sho...UTF8&qid=1409586634&sr=8-1&keywords=meltonian

http://www.amazon.com/Meltonian-Lea...9586992&sr=8-1&keywords=meltonian+conditioner

I used a bit of both, I went with the colored cream in Fashion Brown, I believe (links below). I was very careful at first because I didn't want to end up with something that no longer resembled Truffle in its original glory but the color ended up being perfect. I also used the leather lotion to soften the dryness.

http://www.amazon.com/Meltonian-Sho...UTF8&qid=1409586634&sr=8-1&keywords=meltonian

http://www.amazon.com/Meltonian-Lea...9586992&sr=8-1&keywords=meltonian+conditioner

That's brill! :biggrin: Thanks for the tip! Definitely worth looking into.