SOS!!! Battling with an aweful buyer on eBay!!!

I see you mentioned you couldn't contact Ebay. I had an issue where I bought a LV bag last week and it was INAD. I needed to contact Ebay but also could not find a contact number to call no matter what I did. I decided to google "Phone number to call Ebay" and found a number to call. I believe this is the number I called: 866-540-3229 . I know you're not in the states but I believe you mentioned you're registered with Ebay US so you should be able to call this number right?

ETA: If that number doesn't work try this one: 866-643-1587
Ohhhh You are So Sweet!!!

I did google their number and the recording said they are no longer taking calls, but I will try these numbers anyway. Thank you so much!!!

I think someone mentioned that eBay is too busy dealing with somebody hacking into their system and they are not taking phone calls. SO FRUSTRATING!!!!

I just hope they will rule in my favor. This buyer had no feedback where mine was 100%. Thanks to her nasty feedback calling me a PSYCHO had brought it down to 92% UGH!!!

Ohhhh You are So Sweet!!!

I did google their number and the recording said they are no longer taking calls, but I will try these numbers anyway. Thank you so much!!!

I think someone mentioned that eBay is too busy dealing with somebody hacking into their system and they are not taking phone calls. SO FRUSTRATING!!!!

I just hope they will rule in my favor. This buyer had no feedback where mine was 100%. Thanks to her nasty feedback calling me a PSYCHO had brought it down to 92% UGH!!!

Well my issue was just this week and I was able to get through so hopefully you can too! I'm sorry you're having to deal with this little snot. Hopefully you'll get a helpful representative.

Whoa! Talk about unhelpful and unconstructive feedback. She makes herself look bad. I see her feedback--both in terms of context and format--as unhelpful, immature and aggressive. IMHO, she left the kind of feedback that makes her look like a pain in the you know what. I am more inclined to trust feedback that describes problems in a civilized manner: "Seller was difficult to communicate with", "Item was not as described and seller was unhelpful", etc. Her feedback is actually one of the best examples of why people hate eBay. I hope it works out in your favor. I'm blocking that headache if you ever post her user name (unless I just failed to see it in previous posts).

Oh PetitColibri
Thank you so much for consoling me. This is a nightmare.
You had Paypal help you out? That is interesting. I think I only get to deal with eBay and it has been more than frustrating. I told her I am 6.5 and these shoes give me heel slippage and she said she was a 7 with very slender feet where mine are normal width on our email exchange. As far as listings go, the shoes are just as described. I almost want them back but its a matter of principle.

She called me a PSYCHO on feedback! Bahahahaha!!!!

well my case was different because my buyer opened a claim with paypal not with ebay... not sure paypal can help you if it's en ebay claim ?
my buyer was pretty insane she said my shoes were not a 37 nor a 38 or 39 lol go figure !
anyway good luck to you ! don't give up !

OP, this sounds terrible to deal with, and I truly feel for you because you're the kind of seller I'd love to buy this style of CL's from 'coz you're so informed about its fit, etc. - but hang in there as you will find the best solution for you - as I think the Ladies here have given some great advice/ideas/suggestions and they all make such sense. :tup:
And sorry if I missed it but: what is this :tdown:"individual's" *bay handle please (?) - would you please share that with us - so we can avoid her -Thanks so much. Also, work on trying to get her neg for you taken off based on how she's been treating you via her ebay messages, and do that by trying to get an *bay rep on the phone [phone for sure versus email] - when their 'lines' open up again. Hope you will get your rightful justice / fariness in this case. :flowers:

Last edited:
well my case was different because my buyer opened a claim with paypal not with ebay... not sure paypal can help you if it's en ebay claim ?
my buyer was pretty insane she said my shoes were not a 37 nor a 38 or 39 lol go figure !
anyway good luck to you ! don't give up !
Unfortunately paypal will not get involved in eBay claims, or even look at them, so you have to deal with someone at eBay.

Oh dear...what a PITA!!!
Your shoes are lovely and your pictures great, hopefully if she wears them you will have proof.
Question...if the buyer has to pay for return shipping and OP can prove they were worn and win her case, does the buyer have to pay another shipping fee to resend them? That would be $150. just for shipping.
I hope this question makes sense.........................
Good luck, OP!

Oh dear...what a PITA!!!
Your shoes are lovely and your pictures great, hopefully if she wears them you will have proof.
Question...if the buyer has to pay for return shipping and OP can prove they were worn and win her case, does the buyer have to pay another shipping fee to resend them? That would be $150. just for shipping.
I hope this question makes sense.........................
Good luck, OP!

That would not happen.
If the seller lost the case, the buyer would return the shoes, The seller then can appeal if the shoes were returned not in the condition as when sent. In the extreme rare case, would the seller win the appeal and in that case, ebay would be the one reimbursing the seller out of their own pocket. The item would not be returned back to the buyer.

I know that with paypal cases, it may work a little different. I had a case once that I appealed with paypal and paypal made me get a 3rd party written document describing the condition of the shoes. Paypal then, gave me a choice of either being reimbursed about 60% of what the retail value was or send the item to them and let them decide what the de-value was.

That would not happen.
If the seller lost the case, the buyer would return the shoes, The seller then can appeal if the shoes were returned not in the condition as when sent. In the extreme rare case, would the seller win the appeal and in that case, ebay would be the one reimbursing the seller out of their own pocket. The item would not be returned back to the buyer.

I know that with paypal cases, it may work a little different. I had a case once that I appealed with paypal and paypal made me get a 3rd party written document describing the condition of the shoes. Paypal then, gave me a choice of either being reimbursed about 60% of what the retail value was or send the item to them and let them decide what the de-value was.
Thanks, doll...I don't sell on Ebay but buy periodically.
Too bad, she deserves to be out $150.!

OP, this sounds terrible to deal with, and I truly feel for you because you're the kind of seller I'd love to buy this style of CL's from 'coz you're so informed about its fit, etc. - but hang in there as you will find the best solution for you - as I think the Ladies here have given some great advice/ideas/suggestions and they all make such sense. :tup:
And sorry if I missed it but: what is this :tdown:"individual's" *bay handle please (?) - would you please share that with us - so we can avoid her -Thanks so much. Also, work on trying to get her neg for you taken off based on how she's been treating you via her ebay messages, and do that by trying to get an *bay rep on the phone [phone for sure versus email] - when their 'lines' open up again. Hope you will get your rightful justice / fariness in this case. :flowers:
Thank you kiki for such kind words!!!!

Whoa! Talk about unhelpful and unconstructive feedback. She makes herself look bad. I see her feedback--both in terms of context and format--as unhelpful, immature and aggressive. IMHO, she left the kind of feedback that makes her look like a pain in the you know what. I am more inclined to trust feedback that describes problems in a civilized manner: "Seller was difficult to communicate with", "Item was not as described and seller was unhelpful", etc. Her feedback is actually one of the best examples of why people hate eBay. I hope it works out in your favor. I'm blocking that headache if you ever post her user name (unless I just failed to see it in previous posts).
Her comments are totally uncalled for. She is so immature that she does not even realize it reflects badly on her as a buyer. Her handle name is "Tiptate". I suggest everyone to block her.

I think she just wanted the shoes for the 30th of May for the wedding and have an excuse to return them.

My shoes are just as described in my listing. I take such good care of my babies and when I send them off, I really pack them well so they will never get damaged. This is such a disappointment. Even if eBay rules in my favor, I really wish it was not her that has my baby.

Just as you say, she is the very reason why people do hate eBay if they do at all.
If she hates them, she should not buy from eBay and purchase her shoes from a boutique or a department store.