SOS!!! Battling with an aweful buyer on eBay!!!

This Buyer had zero feedback where I always was given good feedback as a Buyer as well as a Seller and this is very disappointing. I wonder what it was all about because I bent over backwards giving her a massive discount because she said it was for her wedding on the 30th of May and she was having so much problem finding a pair and was in a rush, but did not have enough resources. I discounted by 150 bucks!!! I even put a card in to congratulate her in the parcel. Of course, I wrap everything perfectly too!
I am the FOOL!!!

Helen, please do not blame yourself for anything. Your buyer is in the wrong here, not you.

Honest buyers would be delighted to receive well-packaged beautiful shoes with a nice little note. This one is just a nasty piece of work who just wants to wear pretty shoes without paying for them.

Helen, please do not blame yourself for anything. Your buyer is in the wrong here, not you.

Honest buyers would be delighted to receive well-packaged beautiful shoes with a nice little note. This one is just a nasty piece of work who just wants to wear pretty shoes without paying for them.
Dear uadjit

Thank you so much. Now I am scared each time I send out a package.
I have a very good friend who sells his shoes on behalf of his wife. Her sizing is around 36 - 37 in general. I have bought shoes from him and he is not only an excellent communicator, but also a great seller (fast shipping, accurate etc), and a person you name it. We became very good friends over time and we even exchange info from time to time now.

He sold a brand new pair of Louboutin So Kate in size 36 (his wife's size as well as mine) and shipped it out to this buyer. She put in a Rolando size 35 in the box, took a picture and complained to eBay that she received the wrong shoes. Now, a person who wears a Rolando size 35 must be either a size 34 or 34.5 in general and I know for a FACT that he sells shoes that are his wife's size. The lovely generous husband that he is, he buys shoes for her, but if she does not like them, he sells them on eBay so all his listings are around size 36-37 so there is no way he would have had a pair in size 35. He hates the Rolando too so would have never bought them in the first place. I even did see his So Kate listing in size 36 as well because I am always stalking eBay.

Unfortunately, eBay ruled against him so he lost his So Kate as well as had to refund the money.

He and I now take pictures of each step packaging the shoes, but I do not know if that would protect us as sellers because eBay seems to be more on the buyers side.

Dear uadjit

I have a very good friend who sells his shoes on behalf of his wife. Her sizing is around 36 - 37 in general. I have bought shoes from him and he is not only an excellent communicator, but also a great seller (fast shipping, accurate etc), and a person you name it. We became very good friends over time and we even exchange info from time to time now.

He sold a brand new pair of Louboutin So Kate in size 36 (his wife's size as well as mine) and shipped it out to this buyer. She put in a Rolando size 35 in the box, took a picture and complained to eBay that she received the wrong shoes. Now, a person who wears a Rolando size 35 must be either a size 34 or 34.5 in general and I know for a FACT that he sells shoes that are his wife's size. The lovely generous husband that he is, he buys shoes for her, but if she does not like them, he sells them on eBay so all his listings are around size 36-37 so there is no way he would have had a pair in size 35. He hates the Rolando too so would have never bought them in the first place. I even did see his So Kate listing in size 36 as well because I am always stalking eBay.

Unfortunately, eBay ruled against him so he lost his So Kate as well as had to refund the money.

He and I now take pictures of each step packaging the shoes, but I do not know if that would protect us as sellers because eBay seems to be more on the buyers side.

There are always sadly speaking buyers who will do unethical things just
as you have described here.

Perhaps you might consider having a "restocking fee" in your listing to deter
buyers who think they can take advantage of a situation. It has been discussed
on this forum & for many it works.

Pictures speak a thousand words. The clearer they are the better for the
seller in case of a SNAD.. & descriptions should be clear & concise.

If you like selling on ebay, continue to do so. Don't let one dysfunctional
buyer spoil it for you.

You go girl!!

There are always sadly speaking buyers who will do unethical things just
as you have described here.

Perhaps you might consider having a "restocking fee" in your listing to deter
buyers who think they can take advantage of a situation. It has been discussed
on this forum & for many it works.

Pictures speak a thousand words. The clearer they are the better for the
seller in case of a SNAD.. & descriptions should be clear & concise.

If you like selling on ebay, continue to do so. Don't let one dysfunctional
buyer spoil it for you.

You go girl!!
How does a re-stocking fee work? I am sorry I have not read everything on eBay threads.

How does a re-stocking fee work? I am sorry I have not read everything on eBay threads.

You state in your listing there is a restocking fee for an item that is
returned (the percentage is up to you 5%, 10% , 15%)

There is also a thread: "Writing a good return policy" in which
sellers have shared their thoughts on re-stocking fees ( other posts as well perhaps do a search on the forum)

good luck

You state in your listing there is a restocking fee for an item that is
returned (the percentage is up to you 5%, 10% , 15%)

There is also a thread: "Writing a good return policy" in which
sellers have shared their thoughts on re-stocking fees ( other posts as well perhaps do a search on the forum)

good luck
Thank you so much!
Aside from selling on eBay, I have been running around having 3 jobs so I have not had the time to do my homework. I will wait till the weekend to find some time to read up on those threads.
XOXO!!!!!!!!!

Dear uadjit

Aw, that's awful. I know it seems like there are more scammers than ever on eBay and Louboutin sellers are especially targeted. Compound with the sizing issues and you've got a really tough job selling them on eBay.

I take pictures of packaging certain high-risk items but it's more for insurance purposes than for eBay/PP. I don't think they care at all about pictures unless they appear in the listing.

I agree with hotshot that a restocking fee might be in order.

Aw, that's awful. I know it seems like there are more scammers than ever on eBay and Louboutin sellers are especially targeted. Compound with the sizing issues and you've got a really tough job selling them on eBay.

I take pictures of packaging certain high-risk items but it's more for insurance purposes than for eBay/PP. I don't think they care at all about pictures unless they appear in the listing.

I agree with hotshot that a restocking fee might be in order.
Thank you so much for all of your kind advice. I am so amazed how all of you give me so much support when you don't even know me and I really treasure all this. Thank you so much!

As it is, I am going through a rough patch constantly being stressed and am selling my beloveds. I wish it would be more pleasant. I am Japanese and I do my best to give the ever so famous good client service, but it is back firing on me.

I showed all the email exchanges I had with Tiptate and my friends says I am being too kind and soft.
To have her take advantage of that is very sad.

Thank you so much for all of your kind advice. I am so amazed how all of you give me so much support when you don't even know me and I really treasure all this. Thank you so much!

As it is, I am going through a rough patch constantly being stressed and am selling my beloveds. I wish it would be more pleasant. I am Japanese and I do my best to give the ever so famous good client service, but it is back firing on me.

I showed all the email exchanges I had with Tiptate and my friends says I am being too kind and soft.
To have her take advantage of that is very sad.

Don't think of it that way. Like you, I tend to be overly generous and very gentle with my communications. That will only help you when it comes time for eBay to read through those messages. When they see that you have been kind and level-headed the entire time while your buyer has been nasty it will work to your advantage.

I forgot to tell you to make sure you report this buyer for abusing buyer protection. That's important because that's how they track problem buyers (supposedly).

And try to forget about all this mess when there's nothing you can do at the moment. You don't need the extra stress! :smile:

Don't think of it that way. Like you, I tend to be overly generous and very gentle with my communications. That will only help you when it comes time for eBay to read through those messages. When they see that you have been kind and level-headed the entire time while your buyer has been nasty it will work to your advantage.

I forgot to tell you to make sure you report this buyer for abusing buyer protection. That's important because that's how they track problem buyers (supposedly).

And try to forget about all this mess when there's nothing you can do at the moment. You don't need the extra stress! :smile:
I just want to escalate the case since it has been 3 working days but ebay wont let me. I want to do it and just leave it just like you suggest.

After Tiptate opening a case against me on the 23rd of May, I have responded to her just as eBay had told me to. It has been well over 72 hours yet when I go into the Resolution Ctr and click on the pending case, it will not let me escalate the case and all it says is that to wait for the "Buyer to respond" or "Send another response". I have contacted Customer Service, but they keep sending me idiotic responses saying accept the shoes back or write to the Buyer.

Her wedding was on the 30th so I bet she had worn the shoes. She never wrote back to my response saying she isn't going to communicate with me. Does anyone know what I could do now? Thank you for any kind of help in advance! XOXO!!!

After Tiptate opening a case against me on the 23rd of May, I have responded to her just as eBay had told me to. It has been well over 72 hours yet when I go into the Resolution Ctr and click on the pending case, it will not let me escalate the case and all it says is that to wait for the "Buyer to respond" or "Send another response". I have contacted Customer Service, but they keep sending me idiotic responses saying accept the shoes back or write to the Buyer.

Her wedding was on the 30th so I bet she had worn the shoes. She never wrote back to my response saying she isn't going to communicate with me. Does anyone know what I could do now? Thank you for any kind of help in advance! XOXO!!!

Advice on the ebay community boards about sellers escalating a case a buyer has raised is "DON'T DO IT!"

If you are desperate to escalate then ring ebay if the relevant option isn't available to you.

Otherwise, you will just have to wait it out. 30th was only yesterday and I very much doubt anyone is going to be dealing with ebay on their wedding day or in the immediate aftermath - she may even have gone straight on honeymoon!

I'd wait it out and see what happens. Maybe your making her aware that you suspected a "rental" caused her to give up her claim.