SOS!!! Battling with an aweful buyer on eBay!!!

Dorudon

Nov 21, 2013
I'd call this buyer's bluff... ask her to send the shoes back PRONTO..
Great idea!

You should really consider doing that. I bet she will stop immediately with the harassment. Don't forget she want them for the wedding :biggrin:

And if you sold the shoes too cheap anyway you have nothing to loose If she really sends them back (but I doubt that). Just sell them for a higher price :graucho:

TheNordstrom Anniversary Saleis NOW open to ICON card members.Click or tap to shop the Nordstrom sale!
P.S. Don't forget to join the activeNAS 2020 thread.

HelenOfTroy45

Jun 20, 2011
Tokyo, Japan
Great idea!

You should really consider doing that. I bet she will stop immediately with the harassment. Don't forget she want them for the wedding :biggrin:

And if you sold the shoes too cheap anyway you have nothing to loose If she really sends them back (but I doubt that). Just sell them for a higher price :graucho:
If that is what I am going to do, I better tell this scammer that it has to be post marked on the 26 or 27 HA!

Dorudon

Nov 21, 2013
If that is what I am going to do, I better tell this scammer that it has to be post marked on the 26 or 27 HA!
Of course! Don't trust her. No matter what she says.

If she is so eager to give it back there is no reason why she can't do it NOW :biggrin:

Strike back! She is begging for it :devil:

shop955

Apr 27, 2014
The issue is, if you tell her to send them back right away, she can stall until after the 30th and then all eBay will care about is that you agreed to take them back. Ebay's policy is that once a buyer and seller agree to a return, the package must be postmarked within 10 days. So that could backfire pretty bad, which is why I would suggest continuing to refuse the return.

If you talk to the right person, they should agree that using sizing as a way of saying an item is seriously not as described is ludicrous. I have sold Louboutins on eBay before, and when talking to an eBay rep about a similar case, I kept finding I was talking to men who really didn't understand shoes at all, from their sizing to value. So definitely try to talk to the right person! Ebay can read messages outside of cases, so be sure to draw their attention to some of the things she has said - it might help your case!

shop955

Apr 27, 2014
If you reply to the case offering a refund on return, she gets 3 business days to return them

So do that
I recently talked to two different reps who said once a buyer says they are returning an item, then have 10 days to ship. Maybe this is different in the UK? OP, I would definitely check on this, as it makes a big difference in what your options are!

Feb 20, 2008
The issue is, if you tell her to send them back right away, she can stall until after the 30th and then all eBay will care about is that you agreed to take them back. Ebay's policy is that once a buyer and seller agree to a return, the package must be postmarked within 10 days. So that could backfire pretty bad, which is why I would suggest continuing to refuse the return.

If you talk to the right person, they should agree that using sizing as a way of saying an item is seriously not as described is ludicrous. I have sold Louboutins on eBay before, and when talking to an eBay rep about a similar case, I kept finding I was talking to men who really didn't understand shoes at all, from their sizing to value. So definitely try to talk to the right person! Ebay can read messages outside of cases, so be sure to draw their attention to some of the things she has said - it might help your case!
Excellent point!

I had originally suggested accepting the return if the buyer shipped back the item back on Tuesday (Monday is a holiday here) in hopes that you would get your shoes back before her event on the 30th. If eBay and/or PayPal give the buyer 10 days to return an item then you are better off fighting it.

Apr 15, 2007

I'd tell the buyer to ship them out asap... let's see what excuse she
comes up as to why she can't ship them until the 30th or after??
Maybe because she intends to wear them!

There should be no delay as they don't fit & she clearly isn't happy..

There are times when one has to stand their ground, IYKWIM

If the buyer can't post them on Tuesday something is clearly wrong
& whatever excuse she will use will not be honest..

She is phishing for something....& return shipping is on the buyer
she probably won't like that either..

Last edited:
Jan 10, 2012
UK
I recently talked to two different reps who said once a buyer says they are returning an item, then have 10 days to ship. Maybe this is different in the UK? OP, I would definitely check on this, as it makes a big difference in what your options are!
It might be different in the USA but in my last SNAD I had to ship within 3 days

Apr 15, 2007
If you reply to the case offering a refund on return, she gets 3 business days to return them

So do that

I would surely consider this option... 3 days & let's see what your buyer is going to say to this
(if indeed it is 3 days)

OP you are in Japan... is this transaction within your country or is it an international transaction??

BeenBurned

Coach, Dooney, Uggs
Authenticator
O.G.
Feb 25, 2007
East Coast, USA
Call ebay and have them read the messages. Point out the message where she stated that she's getting married on the 30th and your concern is that she'll wear them for her wedding then return them.

Request that ebay force the shipment to return prior to the 30th and if not shipped and postmarked, she should lose the case.

If necessary, keep calling until you can find a representative who will read the messages and understand that she's attempting to rent them.

HelenOfTroy45

Jun 20, 2011
Tokyo, Japan

It seems eBay no longer take calls. Everything has to be done via resolution center. I tried to escalate it today since it has been 3 days since the buyer had opened the case yet the button to escalate doesnt appear and I am soooo frustrated!!!

HelenOfTroy45

Jun 20, 2011
Tokyo, Japan
I would surely consider this option... 3 days & let's see what your buyer is going to say to this
(if indeed it is 3 days)

OP you are in Japan... is this transaction within your country or is it an international transaction??
I am registered with eBay USA and I ship worldwide although I live in Tokyo.
I did not want to register with eBay Japan because they take extra charges to translate listings in Japanese into English which I obviously do not need the service since I am fully bilingual.

HelenOfTroy45

Jun 20, 2011
Tokyo, Japan
Excellent point!

I had originally suggested accepting the return if the buyer shipped back the item back on Tuesday (Monday is a holiday here) in hopes that you would get your shoes back before her event on the 30th. If eBay and/or PayPal give the buyer 10 days to return an item then you are better off fighting it.
I want to escalate the case before she does but I cannot find the button!!!!!