SOS: A hardware question, can this part of Birkin be replaced?

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. #1 Oct 8, 2010
    Last edited: Oct 8, 2010
    Hi all, one of the hardwares of my best girl friend's Birkin is unfortunately damaged. She doesn't live near by a Hermes store and is really sad, so I am wondering if anyone here can share the knowledge? Can this hardware (sorry, I don't know how it is called) of Birkin be replaced by hermes?

TIA!:flowers:

Attached Files:

2. It is marked in red circles in above picture.

3. Yes, I believe all the hardware on the bag can be replaced. Last time I wanted to replace the lock part on the bag, the store was gonna charge $ 200 USD but since it wasnt too obvious, i decided not to fix it.
    I live near by H store so not sure how can your friend fix it.

4. Thank you very much or this information: bebesf2000. At least this is some good news!

5. I sent mine Fedex overnight to the closest store and they sent it for me to the store where it could be repaired, no problem. I didn't have to go there in person. This is in the USA by the way. Maybe she can send it directly to the store where the repairs are made. I was not experienced, so I depended on the store to do it for me.

6. Yes, the hooks can be easily replaced and is done by your local Hermes artisan. If you have to send your bags abroad, check with you local customs policies.

7. i believe it shld be able to replace as i also replaced my kelly lock part recently and they charge me around SGD250 (singapore dollars).