Sorted out your Feb podium orders yet?

Most importantly, one must respect the relationship with the store and how that specific store operates. Thanks so much for offering a bit of context to what I previously posted above.

You're welcome, MrsM. This thread seems to have received some interests, so I thought it's better to add on to your post. Hope that was OK with you. I am sorry if I had inadvertently caused you any discomfort. :flowers:

And I agree with you 100% with your view above.

I have personally witnessed customers being completely abnoxious and ranted for Birkins at my store. I hate these people. Patience would make receiving H bags direct from the stores sweeter.

PBC:flowers:, you WILL *NEED* a SO. :P I think only exotics can satisfy you now. With all your bi-colours and tri-colours in your collection, anything short of an exotic for you would look just blah. Tell me if I am wrong :lol:. You will get your bag you want. I know it!

Not at all, :flowers:! I have a tendency to either write incomplete thoughts or else ramble on,;).
I completely agreed with what you said and it was quite helpful. Patience is the key with Hermes. I am in the midst of re-learning the art of patience myself as there is a particular order that has been quite a wait for me. But it is always worth it in the end. And you are quite right to emphasize the importance of a polite attitude. A little kindness can go a long way. I too have seen a few tantrums in the store and that is never a pretty sight.
Here's to a great February Podium for all of tPF!

You're welcome, MrsM. This thread seems to have received some interests, so I thought it's better to add on to your post. Hope that was OK with you. I am sorry if I had inadvertently caused you any discomfort. :flowers:

And I agree with you 100% with your view above.

I have personally witnessed customers being completely abnoxious and ranted for Birkins at my store. I hate these people. Patience would make receiving H bags direct from the stores sweeter.

MrsS - Thanks for the clarification! This is quite an educational thread with info on different practices at different stores.

Good luck to all of you with your SO and PO. I was thinking about a rouge H box or chamonix kelly longue, but I don't think I have time to fly to UK before the Podium. Oh well....

I placed a SO in July for a Graphite porosus croc 28 Kelly.
This was in a US store. I had to place a deposit. I have a receipt that states SO deposit. I also have to pay the price increase.

I have never done any paper work before. All's done by the store manager herself. Behind closed doors.

When I placed the order for my Birkin, the SM fetched the order book and wrote down all the details, right there and then, with me standing beside her.
It's curious to see, how the policies seems to change from store to store and country to country, there are so many examples of it.
With everyone sharing their experiences in this thread, it is a truly fascinating read.

I was so lucky to recently find, pre-owned and at a great price, the exact bag I was thinking of ordering at this Podium! So, no orders for me this Feb! I'll patiently wait for my July 07 order to arrive!:girlsigh:

All this discussions about POs and SOs are good for educational purposes amongst us, H fans. But I hope no one stomps into their stores and demand to put through POs and SOs. That would be highly embarrassing. Relationships need to be built, and with a lot of mutual respect. Please be gentle with your SAs. PLEASE. Don't give tPF a bad name.

Thanks for starting the thread and let us in the privee world of POs & SOs.

tPF (especially H forum) has been so beneficial to all of us here .. & all these knowledge at no cost

.. I hope to earn my status of being asked what other bag will you be looking for next? ah...that will be delightful!

oh i love having the clarification between PO and SO!! i was sooo confused! thank you sooo much for this thread MrsS!!! although i have decided not to PO anything, i will see about SO-ing something unique when i visit my fave H store next month!

PBC, it will be ONE of a KinD, Drop dead gorgeous bag, whatever, however, you choose!!!

I was so lucky to recently find, pre-owned and at a great price, the exact bag I was thinking of ordering at this Podium! So, no orders for me this Feb! I'll patiently wait for my July 07 order to arrive!:girlsigh:

Duna, that's such good news and it brings new hopes!

tPFers, if you do spot any rouge kellies - please PM me!

This thread is truly educational for a newbie like me. Thanks for starting it MrsS and others for contributing. :flowers: Hopefully one day soon I'll be in the same position as some of you with the POs/SOs. Meantime I'm enjoying the journey there.

Sometimes even as little as 2 months... ;)

Boy, I hope not...I need time to save up some $$$! :graucho:

MrsS, you scared me! I thought I had until February to place my order...but nope! So, I called ASAP and placed my PO. I really hope it comes in around December.

While I know I will love it :love:, my stomach is in a knot right now!! :sweatdrop: I just can't believe that I did it (it's for my 40th birthday...or at least that's what I am telling my DH!)!! I am really excited!! :yahoo:

I don't know what I want but maybe some small bag in croc. rouge vif? Maybe it's not available. I don't know what color though. But I ask the boutique manager to call me at the podium when she sees the color. :wlae::smile: