sort of ot(off topic)..anyone ever success to talk into your bf to get you a chanel

I have that exact same pen!! Mine is purple though! So cute, but it never seems to stay up, it gets knocked over super easily!

very much even more off topic but ...
never thought I'd find my hideously cute pen buddy in a Chanel forum ... :roflmfao:

Back to topic .. you're right, Yorelica, we shldn't judge though we all do (& which explains my tongue biting).
I guess the intention of the post didn't come off very well and with the desperate pleas for suggestions, one has to wonder, why would a girl absolutely and desperately need her bf to get her a Chanel bag which by no means, is of an average person's range of reasonable expenditure.

I have a loved one who is constantly manipulated into buying extravagant luxury stuff for her (she whines, throws hissy fits and nags like a spoilt brat) and while I pity him, it's also his personal choice. He has the ability and right to say no but he doesn't. Then the feminist in me also takes over and wonders, what's wrong with her own earning ability?

Every girl loves being spoilt with gifts, but why must a quantum be set before it is considered worthy of her? my 2cents..

oh .. I'd like to add, personally, I too dream of a day when I get such an extravagant gift as a surprise. just because..
but before that happens, I console myself by telling myself that no one is perfect, if I'm already happy with him and he truly loves and treats me well, being over generous and thoughtful wld mean something's up because something has to give or he'd be perfect!

p/s: in no way is it directed to anyone, its just my sour grapes consolation speech.

Aimee, hope you get what you desire, or if you don't, reconsider this need because otherwise the relationship will not be able to survive .. either one will resent the other for it.

Yorelica and aimeec - My boyfriend has a hard time buying me expensive things. He's a student with no income, soon to be a med student with no income. He spoils me in so many ways but he will not plunk down 4 digits for a gift. I love expensive things, so going by what's been said, I guess I'm in the wrong relationship. Never mind that he carries me on his back when my feet are tired or makes the best pb & j a college student could ask for. Seriously - if you're happy with your boy and he just can't dish out, then take it as a loss. But if you're really happy, you won't even feel that. If he can afford it, I suppose obsessing has worked, and I'm sure you could do some old-fashioned convincing with a negligee.