sort of ot(off topic)..anyone ever success to talk into your bf to get you a chanel

aimee: i understand what you mean, but you shouldn't expect it

you're saying it as if the chanel bag is the ONLY thing in the world you like, and because he's not getting it for you, he doesn't really LIKE or care about you.

i think guys will never really understand spending a couple hundred dollars on a bag, let alone 2000, so maybe he does get your "hints" -he might not see why you would want something that expensive, let alone why he should buy it for you... but if you are so infatuated w/ the idea of him purchasing the bag for you, and it getting to the point that you are the slightest upset by the fact that he's not... maybe this is not the right relationship for you

i think getting gifts are nice, i must admit, my bf does spoil me... BUT, the most important thing is that we love each other and are happy... and that is WAY more important than ANY bag -even if it's chanel

Ok, well from your OP you are asking people how to get a man to buy you a $2k bag, so pardon my misunderstanding of your intentions.

If a guy cares for you enough he is well aware and wants to know what you love. All guys want to spoil their gfs, maybe he wants to get these things for you, but asking for a $2k bag as a starting point might be a little shocking for him. If you are already buying these expensive things on your own he must know what you like. Maybe you can ask him to contribute to a purse purchase? Most guys do not understand why we spend so much on bags, so if you meet him somewhere in the cost, he might budge a bit. Good luck.

ok. guys..i think you guys are misunderstanding my post......my intention is that "if" I would like to be spoiled or thrilled by getting a chanel bag(or desinger stuff) from significant other, how to say or act it?

My BF has. All it took was a little bit of obsessing. Once he realized how seriously in love I was with the bag, he was just like.. "OMG please let me buy it so you can stop going crazy over it!". He'd rather just cuddle than have me go on tPF and lurk and look at pictures of my dream bag (which is my new pink classic flap!!)... But then again, he's really sweet like that. Very into making me happy :love:

Dear Aimeec:

Understand what you mean! But, it really depends on the guy. Some people likes to spend $ on expensive meals, some on travel and some on shopping.

My Dh, when I was dating him, I've told him don't spend $ on expensive flowers or stuff that is so temporary but gather all the holidays together and allow me to choose 1 gift that I will like and use for a long time in order to make his $ worth, he was OK with the idea!!!

Of course now we are married, he doesn't understand why I buy so many bags, so in order to make me STOP buying, he said "get 2 of your ultimate bag; Hermes" and DON'T buy anymore after you have these DREAM bags.

Express my liking and disliking is what I've done!!!

Good Luck!!!

my trick i use on my bf, now DH, is that i said thats the only joy i have (this particular 2k bag or some other obsession) in my life apart from you! please dont take that away from me. hehe. But of course, he let me buy whichever bag i want, AS LONG AS WE DO NOT GET INTO DEBT. so every now and then when we have spare cash stash away. (meaning i saved like a maniac, reduces clothes/shoes shopping) :P. So he kinnda get the idea of how much i loved this particular bag, and finally he surrender.. But he told me seeing me with my beloved chanel makes him happier too..cuz i become a better person, and i dun nag him as much !!! :rolleyes: p.s we are not super rich people, just a couple with average income and we both love to indulge ourselves in pretty stufff. his is expensive watches!! But giving pressure is a BIG NO NO...

ok. guys..i think you guys are misunderstanding my post......my intention is that "if" I would like to be spoiled or thrilled by getting a chanel bag(or desinger stuff) from significant other, how to say or act it?

My bf of several years is quite wealthy (I still wonder sometimes if he is at all embarrassed by the fact that, e.g., when we go to a party I'm dressed in an outfit I got at TJ Maxx), so his Xmas present to me of the Classic flap was not the financial extravagance for his own budget that it would be for many men. But THE major reason I got all teary-eyed upon unwrapping the present was because I had mentioned my desire for this bag only in passing early in our relationship, so the fact that he had gotten it for me was yet another demonstration of how very attentive he is, to have heard/remembered that wish of mine. Honestly, I would have had the same reaction if a far cheaper bag was in the box if that had been the one I'd mentioned I really liked. My next most favorite gift from him cost about 1% of the Chanel handbag: a DVD of a movie, he gave me that because it was the first movie we ever saw together. And I feel cherished when he says "I know you're beat from work, so please sit down & have a glass of wine while I take charge of making dinner."

One of the things he has said he likes about me is that I'm not a "gold digger", not much interested in material things... because he came to feel that his ex-wife appreciated him basically because of the lifestyle he gave her, not because she valued him as a person. He gets a kick out of the fact that I encourage him to spend less money on what we do as a couple.

The point I'm trying to make is that there are many ways to be "spoiled or thrilled" by a man that don't involve him laying out $2000 -- if we don't make $$$ the criteria of that.

No advice from me- the only one who buys me those types of gifts is my husband lol. When we were dating the gifts were inexpensive- I didn't get extravagant gifts till we were married. He doesn't understand my obsessions with things (like $300 sunnies or a 2k bag), but he will buy them for me or contribute a chunk of the price anyway.

I think its wrong to try to "get" someone to buy you a $2k bag. My bf has bougt me expensive bags, but I have never had to use manipulative ways to get him to buy them for me. I wouldn't want them!

Instead of spending time thinking of ways to get someone to buy something for you, how about if you want it so bad YOU save up your money and work hard to get it for yourself? It will be that much more special to you.

Totally agree. I have so much more to say but I'll bite my tongue.

My next most favorite gift from him cost about 1% of the Chanel handbag: a DVD of a movie, he gave me that because it was the first movie we ever saw together. And I feel cherished when he says "I know you're beat from work, so please sit down & have a glass of wine while I take charge of making dinner."

yeap .. some girls are different that way. I'd much rather be spoiled by affection and little acts of love. My ultimate favourite gift from a SO is a cheap $1 pen disguised as a green ostrich, complete with glitter and feathers that didn't even write well. Take note that I'm way past the cute stationery age.

What made it really special was the fact that for someone with a very short attention span, bad memory and a lack of attention to detail wrt me, he actually remembered when I jokingly pointed (while he was driving and therefore further reducing his attention towards me) that hideous thing in a shop brochure and said THATS SO UGLY ITS CUTE. That was the end of that but wks later as he waited for me, he popped into the shop, bought it and handed it to me when I arrived.

Words cannot express how touched and elated I was! He has bought me more expensive stuff when I expressed interest (in getting it myself) while shopping and even though we've parted less than amiciably, I've dumped all his stuff and those gifts but I cannot bear to part with that silly thing and intend to keep it for life.

A year or so before my husband and I got married he bought me a Chloe paddington bag. He is one of the few men I know that loves designer items as much as us pf-ers, but he doesn't like Chanel. Anyway, I had to tell him point blank that was what I wanted, so you could say there was "some talking into" involved. I kept bringing it up and dropping hints until he finally broke. Word of warning- if you ever want to sell the bag to get another more current bag, they get really pissed off.

My fiancee (who is a complete metrosexual) would never spend that kind of money on a handbag for me. He doesn't get it. Don't get me wrong, he is very, very generous and he bought me an LV bag for our 1st Christmas several years ago. He wears very expensive suits and Brioni dress shirts but still doesn't get my handbag obsession which floors me. He gets having one or two bags but not the whole collection. He would never say a peep when I am going to buy one because I work hard and I pay for it. Most guys will not get the whole handbag obsession. You will feel so much better if you can purchase on your own. Just start a Chanel fund to save up and purchase over time.