Sorry no reveal...got my DA NF

SophieChic

O.G.
Oct 6, 2011
So I got the bag but am having technical difficulties posting pics, I apologize. I think everyone know what a DA NF looks like, but modeling pics would have been fun because I found good outfits for her this weekend (I had to work this weekend).

Got my DA NF GM last week. Fed Ex arrived at 7pm friday night, now that is dedication! And he had a biscut for my Rottie......she is getting so spoiled with the delivery men. Nice guard dog. Anyways......

First off they sent her in an actual box. My other NF came in a collapsable box and when I asked LV if I could get a real box they said they did not make them big enough for the GM NF. So this bag came from that same store in a nice regular box....wtf?

She is everything I imagined her to be, I could not find a single flaw on her. Even though I vowed to not carry her until I protected the leather, I couldn't help it and carried her the very next day. That night my leather protectant arrived, and I have done two coats, 24 hours apart. I could see how the protectant really works because the second coat did not soak in nearly as much as the first. I got the Obenaufs heavy duty LP as was suggested to me a month or so ago by some wonderful people of TPF. It is supposed to water resist the vachetta and help keep it soft. It did not darken the vachetta.....it looks initially like it darkens it, but it dries pretty quickly and the leather lightens back up.

I drive all day for my job, with her in the passenger seat, so I actually started keeping a pillowcase to drape over her so she does not tan too much......I am really getting obsessive.

Anyways, so far love her. Even though she is not really a winter bag per say, she looked great with grey /black bottoms, white tops, scarves with blue in them and a lightweight camel coat that matches the vachetta. So she can be worn in wintertime :smile:

Congrats Sophie! I love the NF!! My first was the DE GM and my second is on the way - a mono NF GM. Someday I will be brave enough to buy Azur. I live in sunny AZ so the climate here certainly supports it!

The perfect tote!!

So I got the bag but am having technical difficulties posting pics, I apologize. I think everyone know what a DA NF looks like, but modeling pics would have been fun because I found good outfits for her this weekend (I had to work this weekend).

Got my DA NF GM last week. Fed Ex arrived at 7pm friday night, now that is dedication! And he had a biscut for my Rottie......she is getting so spoiled with the delivery men. Nice guard dog. Anyways......

First off they sent her in an actual box. My other NF came in a collapsable box and when I asked LV if I could get a real box they said they did not make them big enough for the GM NF. So this bag came from that same store in a nice regular box....wtf?

She is everything I imagined her to be, I could not find a single flaw on her. Even though I vowed to not carry her until I protected the leather, I couldn't help it and carried her the very next day. That night my leather protectant arrived, and I have done two coats, 24 hours apart. I could see how the protectant really works because the second coat did not soak in nearly as much as the first. I got the Obenaufs heavy duty LP as was suggested to me a month or so ago by some wonderful people of TPF. It is supposed to water resist the vachetta and help keep it soft. It did not darken the vachetta.....it looks initially like it darkens it, but it dries pretty quickly and the leather lightens back up.

I drive all day for my job, with her in the passenger seat, so I actually started keeping a pillowcase to drape over her so she does not tan too much......I am really getting obsessive.

Anyways, so far love her. Even though she is not really a winter bag per say, she looked great with grey /black bottoms, white tops, scarves with blue in them and a lightweight camel coat that matches the vachetta. So she can be worn in wintertime :smile:

Lol a biscuit bc your delivery men know you? Or do they do this with dogs they might be afraid of? Lol that made me laugh!

Congrats on the NF! I was considering this in MM.

Congrats! Off to look up Obenaufs

If you search TPF there is a thread I started asking about the care of vachetta, and I recieved a *fabulous* guide from a fellow member, based on advice from another member that hangs out more on the Hermes group. Sorry I cannot remember their names both they are both quite knowledgable about leather in general. The guide I recieved about it says to reapply every six months or so if I remember correctly. This will help protect the vachetta from water and keep it supple.

I know lots of people love patina, but as I have said on here before, I love light vachetta on the DAs. I really wish there was a sunblock type of product that could keep her from tanning. I don't handle my bags a whole lot, and being in the car so much, I suspect most of her patina will come from sun exposure. I am going to keep my pillowcase in the car for the days I carry her so when we are riding around, she can stay draped. I know that probably sound crazy to some people, but I just really don't like honey patina on the DA. At least with the Neverfull there is not a ton of vachetta.....it really is quite minimal compared to some of the other bag styles.

I actually think that all Neverfulls are pretty tough bags. The DA has the potential color transfer issue. I am careful with all of my bags regarding color transfer, and some people say if you catch it early on the DA it often comes off with baby wipes. That is better than any other bag I have ever seen get color transfer, usually once it's done, it's permenant. Otherwise, I find the canvas to be quite tough, the handles strong and well made, can hold a lot of weight without any apparent strain. My choice to baby the vachetta is just personal preference.

I love both of my Neverfulls so far. I carry my DE constantly, and believe me, I have not babied that bag. It has inadvertantly gotten scraped up against stucco several times (my work building, trying to get my keys out), gets rubbed on the car, squished between other bags, stuffed with work paraphenalia, set on the ground, some would be horrified, but it looks great. I also get a lot of compliments on it. Sometimes I say "Thank you, it's a Louis Vuitton", other times I just say "Thank you", depends on how well I know the person. I am proud that it is a LV, and like to share with people that the DE pattern is an option.....most people only know of the mono pattern when they think of LV.

Anyways, thanks for the congrats guys, these two bags are my entry into the world of LV and I am so happy with them, and happy that I have you guys to share with. :cutesy:

Congrats on your NF!

I laughed when I read that you are going to carry a pillow case. Only because when I come home after using my bag, I "put her to sleep" but using a large (non-LV) dust bag to cover her. I am not entirely sure why, but it somehow makes me feel better that she's not "exposed" while I am sleeping. Hahaha. My DH has taken to ask me if I am "putting my bag to sleep" when we get home from being out now. Hahaha.

I hope you manage to keep her light! I am looking at getting one too- so I'll come to you for tips! :biggrin:

Last edited:
Congrats on your NF!

I laughed when I read that you are going to carry a pillow case. Only because when I come home after using my bag, I "put her to sleep" but using a large (non-LV) dust bag to cover her. I am not entirely sure why, but it somehow makes me feel better that she's not "exposed" why I am sleeping. Hahaha. My DH has taken to ask me if I am "putting my bag to sleep" when we get home from being out now. Hahaha.

I hope you manage to keep her light! I am looking at getting one too- so I'll come to you for tips! :biggrin:

hahaha that is so cute your husband asks if you are putting your bag to sleep!!! love it!

Lol a biscuit bc your delivery men know you? Or do they do this with dogs they might be afraid of? Lol that made me laugh!

Congrats on the NF! I was considering this in MM.

Well, *all* of the delivery people that come to my house usually have dog biscuts. UPS, the postal delivery person, and Fed Ex. My silly "watch dog" anticipates their arrival with great excitment, and when they arrive she races to the door and scratches and whines. I let her out, she runs over to them and gets her biscut, and then runs back to the house to eat it. And yes, many of them know us, and her, especially our postal carriers. This Fed Ex guy was new to me though.

I actually feel really sorry for her if they don't have one.....she just cannot believe it. I will drag her back to the house and give her a biscut to make up for it, but she is still so disappointed. She wants *their* biscut....not mommy's crummy biscut.

In this instace it was late, we had just had an ice storm, it was pitch black out because I live in the country and had not turned on the outside lights, I had no idea this guy would come so late. So this poor guy is stepping in the dark down my entryway, which is covered with ice and directly over a giant pond, with this huge box. He knocks on the door, my Dad answers it and my 110lb Rottweiler goes bounding out the door at him :doggie: sniffing at his jacket pocket.

My dad took the box and the guy said, "I think she smells the treats in my pocket, can she have one?" to which we replied yes, and of course after she got it she ran back into the warm house...no thank you from her, she must eat immediately. We thanked him profusely, me especially because I knew it was from LV!!!!! :cloud9: