Sorry, I'm not buying anymore Goyards- my experience.

Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. Sorry to hear of your experience. While I can't comment on St. Louis style (I don't own that style), the Goyards that I own are more structured: Sac Vendome, Okinawa ( a.k.a Marie Gallant), Marquis, and Monte Carlo clutch. I haven't noticed any "wear and tear." Maybe the structured styles hold up better than the totes? I've read a lot about handles cracking on St. Louis styles but not on any other Goyard bags. :smile:

2. I have been quietly stalking the Goyard forum and from what I've seen with the St.Louis, I am mortified. 6 months is ridiculous... I guess the material is just really delicate compared to LV canvas

3. Well, when you see the other styles of Goyard bags, they do have more reinforcing overall- the weekender has leather corners, the handbags have little wood bits to add strength to the base of the handles.

Maybe it is just the St. Louis style- which they really mean it to just be a 'shopper'- as in it's so smooshy I can keep it rolled up in my purse and use it instead of a plastic sac for groceries. Anyway, I will still keep mine/love it/use it, but I just had to share my experience. Pics will come later.

4. thank you- i can't wait to see how yours looks with the reinforced corners.

i love mine and intend to keep using it a lot and if i need to reinforce the corners i will. i wish it was indestructible but i don't have a problem it it isn't.

5. Hi,

I agree. I was just looking at my St. Louis red sac I bought 6 months?? ago and it's wrinkled in some places. I have to keep scarves in there to help keep the shape, and prevent those permanent wrinkles.

Anyhow, I was planning on getting a black goyard, but I just don't think it's worth it. I live in Paris, so I see other moms with older Goyards. The older they get, the more flexible they become, so flexible that they actually take the shape of a regular canvas sac (yeah, they are canvas after all), and don't look so pretty.

6. Wow. after reading what you posted making me think twice about getting goyard.

i only came across this brand early this year and love it. and been looking at it on ebay. but just didnt know which to get since theres a lot of fakes out there!

So from what i read, the st louis is not good to use as a everyday bag? it sounded really fragile. Maybe i should go for Louis Vuitton Neverfull. lol :smile:

7. I have had my navy St Louis GM going on two years and although the canvas has softened, the handles are fine, no sealant cracking issues; I store it stuffed out of the dustbag when not in use. The handles no longer stand up perfectly straight but I never force them down into the bag and every so often use leather conditioner to keep them supple. I still love this bag and it always receives compliments when worn.

8. Same as there I have St. Louis pm in two years now but it looks perfect still maybe it's the way how to used our bag..:smile:

9. Another Parisienne friend told me that sometimes they may get another manufacturer and so perhaps quality between batches might be uneven. I don't know.

I got my bag back and they did a good job with the corners, great leather- circles sewn into the corner shape, almost like my bag is wearing pasties. Lol.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice