Books & Music Sorry . . . help with an obscure song again . . .

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. The Nordstrom Fall Sale is now live! Save up to 40% on Nordy's best brands, including bags, shoes, clothes, home, and kids'. Click to shop.
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. (At least I have more details to work with this time!)

It was an R&B girl group and they were essentially singing about how their love interest's girlfriend doesn't understand him and that they'd be so much better for him.

I think there were scooters involved in the video.

I remember it because when I was friends with (let's call her Ivy), the last time she visited me, that was playing a lot on the radio.

The last time she visited me was around 1994/1995.

2. was it that duet called the boy is mine?

3. #3 Aug 8, 2008
    Last edited: Aug 8, 2008
    ^^ That was Monica and Brandy with He's Mine.

Then there's He's Mine by Mokenstef, which was a trio, but that's not right because it was from the point of view of the girlfriend.

This one is from the point of view of the other woman. Like, "She's not doing it for you, I could be the other woman."

4. hmmm...remember any parts of the lyrics?

5. Never mind! Found it!

It was driving me nuts until the line "What your girl don't know won't hurt her" popped into my head.

I did a search and voila!

You're The One For Me by SWV:

6. Haha! I realize that whenever I post these I end up answering my own question.

But I post these because I enjoy everyone's help.

Also, having it up gives me a chance to come back and look at it and think about it some more.

7. lol, Cait...I know how that feels ;)

8. OMG - SWV! The memories.... I swear, just clicking on that vid and listening to the song evoked the strangest feeling - I could almost smell my old bedroom and I had a really sudden and vivid image of my best friend at the time, sitting on the edge of my bed and swinging her legs while she was on the phone. CRAZY!