Sorrento Small Satchel vs Florentine small satchel

Oh wow. I used to love the AWL classic Dooney and Bourke...those were my first Dooneys.... I was not thrilled with the silver accents though on Sorrento...I really like the muted gold of the florentine line. AWL was extremely easy to care for and durable back in the day!!

I actually ordered and returned the Aqua satchel. It was very plastic feeling. The Aqua color looked more of a pastel green IMO. The tassels also we're very cheap and plastic feeling. I have many Florentine and a couple pebble satchels in medium and small sizes. Those I would recommend many times over......the Aqua Sorento I would avoid. Even my husband was like....noooo. of course everyone has their own tastes and like different things.

Reactions: Cheryle Williams
Thank you so much for sharing your thoughts. Yes, I will be passing on it for now. I LOVE Florentine and don't want to be let down. Half the love is the smell. Concerns me that it is plastic feeling...that how I feel about Saffino texture. Would it be similar to Saffino feeling?

It's different than the Saffiano but I also bought and a returned a Saffiano as I didn't like the feel of it. Could be I just have an affinity for Florentine and pebble? Lol The Aqua just looked cheap to me and when I was feeling the tassels they made a noise that truly sounded like "plastic". There are many good reviews on the D&B website now regarding the bag so there are some that love it. Just not me...

Well...I ordered the bark color. I will post pics when I receive mine. Other reviews were favorable so I'm gonna see how I feel, I'm a florentine girl true and true but this price was too good to pass on. I love love the color selection! I was torn between the bark, mauve, gold, and wine.

Well...I ordered the bark color. I will post pics when I receive mine. Other reviews were favorable so I'm gonna see how I feel, I'm a florentine girl true and true but this price was too good to pass on. I love love the color selection! I was torn between the bark, mauve, gold, and wine.
I hope the bag is a winner. Of course, that will me that I will have to buy one too. :smile:
Good colors in good leather.... my weakness.

Reactions: debbiesdaughter
Finally got a chance to post a pic of my Sorrento in color Bark. I love the color, it reads pink and tan depending on the light you are in, I actually love the color and didn't think I would. The leather is different, its soft and molds easy but has an almost papery texture to it. My bag smelled like great leather so I'm ok with the texture. For the price I feel like I got a great bag that will last me a lifetime. I'm pleased!

Attachments

• BARK.jpg
    BARK.jpg
    195.3 KB · Views: 64
Finally got a chance to post a pic of my Sorrento in color Bark. I love the color, it reads pink and tan depending on the light you are in, I actually love the color and didn't think I would. The leather is different, its soft and molds easy but has an almost papery texture to it. My bag smelled like great leather so I'm ok with the texture. For the price I feel like I got a great bag that will last me a lifetime. I'm pleased!

This bark color is beautiful. How would you describe this color? Cappuccino like? Pink or brown undertone? I hope you enjoy year round. I bought it in black I'll post pics soon.

Enjoy your new Sorrento Dooney satchel. Glad it's a winner. The color in your picture is lovely.

This bark color is beautiful. How would you describe this color? Cappuccino like? Pink or brown undertone? I hope you enjoy year round. I bought it in black I'll post pics soon.
Its different in my opinion from the "bark" color from other Dooney collections that I've googled! It is honestly more of a pink/mauve color with tan undertones. Its a very unique color! Can't wait to see yours and see what you think!