Sorely Missing My Thumbnails

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. Will the thumbnail photos (where you actually see the pics) option ever be restored? I miss that SO MUCH!! It's a huge pain to have to click all the attachment links in so many of the threads.:crybaby::crybaby::crybaby::crybaby:

2. It is not my fav thing to have to click on them either.. but this was done because of our server load. Taking that away makes the site run faster- there is just too much on the server and it ended in tons of downtime. We are operating 2 powerful servers already and hoping not to need a 3rd yet.. it is getting quite pricey. But I feel ya on this one... maybe someday!

3. Boo hoo! I knew it was b/c server overload, but I was hoping it might be resolved soon. :Push:

Hey, Megs, I see you edited my post. Did I say a bad word I forgot I said(doo doo, pee pee or ka ka)? ;)

Ah ha! I remember what I said!! I remember wondering at the time if it was OK. My bad. :blush:

4. ^ No worries!!!!

The server is fixed- the site just has so much traffic!!

5. ^^^Yes indeed! In fact, earlier this evening I was telling DH how many people were registered here and how many were online at any given time. I even commented that you and Vlad didn't realize what a monster you'd created a year ago!! And all this in a YEAR! I shudder to think how many servers you guys will own in five years! :wtf:

6. Agreed. If it's ever possible, I'd love to see it happen.

I can only imagine how hard you guys work to keep the site going as it is, though! :smile:

7. We got spoiled and lazy! This is just fine.

8. ^ Thanks!! If we need to upgrade to a new server, we will bring it back!!

9. And there is always Photobucket etc which you can load your photos into and they show up on the thread beautifully:flowers:

10. ^ Yes!!! That is a great reminder to all Nola!

11. HEEHEEHEEHEE... when I saw the title of the thread, I actually thought something happened to Vlad's thumbnails! :lol:

As far as the pics go, I attach them first and post. Then I open the pics and copy and paste them into a reply...

12. the only problem w/ that is when you remove your photos, we can't see them anymore. . . so if you're posting a photo for reference to something then delete it from Photobucket, it's gone forever here as well :sad:

13. It is all a bummer of sorts...

Possibly going to try to bring back the thumbs!!

14. Ooh I want this back so bad too...:tender:

15. ahahaha! i thought the same thing too initially! :shame:

i miss the thumbs too. i'd gladly pay a small membership fee to get them back!