Sophisticated Spirit - My Brown Paddington

star3777 said:
Just spoke to my sister -in -law. Asked her to check her zippers, she has the whiskey 2006. She said her YKK on the zipper is on the side of the piece of the zipper that you pull to zip it up. Not on the top of the piece that attaches both peices together as in the close up of the 2005 version. So on her new paddy the YYk is not on top as in SS paddy. It is probably on the side of the peice of the zipper you pull, CHECK it out!! that maybe will help. What serial number is it???? that too should tell us something regarding the year. Hope this helps prove SS to be legit:wacko:

I just wanted to know how she already has the 2006, I thought the 2006 would be released in a few weeks. The Chloe store in New York does not even have the 2006 yet. Maybe I am wrong but these were my thoughts on 2006 collection.

handbagaddict said:
I purchased the chloe paddington from Bloomingdales in chocolate brown. I can't find the YKK anwhere on the zipper. Is it supposed to be there?

Like I said this Whiskey paddington only has the YKK on the part that zips whereas my wine red one had it on top of the part where you attach both peices, both are authentic Chloe's.

Attachments

• whiskey 008.jpg
    whiskey 008.jpg
    42.2 KB · Views: 204
  • whiskey 015.jpg
    whiskey 015.jpg
    28.1 KB · Views: 200
  • Picture 001.jpg
    Picture 001.jpg
    48.8 KB · Views: 231
madeline said:
I just wanted to know how she already has the 2006, I thought the 2006 would be released in a few weeks. The Chloe store in New York does not even have the 2006 yet. Maybe I am wrong but these were my thoughts on 2006 collection.

Some stores already has the 2006 collection. but in limited number, reserved for their VIP. THey are not going to tell you that if you come into the store. I am LV VIP and usually i able to purchase spring 2006 collection around november - december. They will call me and show me in private in the store. So i guess its the same for Chloe. :amuse:

Superbaby said:
Some stores already has the 2006 collection. but in limited number, reserved for their VIP. THey are not going to tell you that if you come into the store. I am LV VIP and usually i able to purchase spring 2006 collection around november - december. They will call me and show me in private in the store. So i guess its the same for Chloe. :amuse:

Me too, I am a LV VIP. I just thought that Chloe, and especially because this bag was so popular that only celebs would have a chance to get the 2006 early, that is if any celeb doesnt have one yet. ( I am set to recieve a 2006 one from the Chloe store in a few weeks and I pre ordered one from Neiman's )

madeline said:
Me too, I am a LV VIP. I just thought that Chloe, and especially because this bag was so popular that only celebs would have a chance to get the 2006 early, that is if any celeb doesnt have one yet. ( I am set to recieve a 2006 one from the Chloe store in a few weeks and I pre ordered one from Neiman's )

Maybe she is a celeb....haha, just kidding, although she is a vip. She had been waiting for one from NM dallas and NM New jersey. Her personal shopper called her last week and she had it the next day, no kidding! Neimans not Chloe. She's a top MD in the world , that's all I can say.

star3777 said:
Like I said this Whiskey paddington only has the YKK on the part that zips whereas my wine red one had it on top of the part where you attach both peices, both are authentic Chloe's.

Star,

You are right. When a company runs out of pieces they may substitute or change them. So the zippers could definately have markings in different places or slight changes to the pulls themselves. My mom who used to work in that industry told me that when we were speaking about the rings on my bag. What I found most interesting is Lynda from Sophisticated Spirit asked me to call her after I emailed her. She told me she will try to find out an answer to why these things happen when these bags are being produced. In my mind now I do feel confident in my purchase. No one would go out of their way to do that, offer me an extended return, and take time out to ask me to phone (she tried to phone me but only had my work #). I thought that was more than any one running a business would do. She could have just said "return the bag already" been done with me and put all of my questions aside. Her response to all of my questions was, please keep the bag until I can get an answer to you and then let me know if you wish to return the bag. In my case I feel she is out to run an honest business and wants me to be happy with a bag I will have a lifetime. Like many who visit this site I have also received a fake bag in the past that I thought was authentic and that seller wouldn't even answer a question let alone refund my money without a hassle.

serendipity3kb said:
Star,

You are right. When a company runs out of pieces they may substitute or change them. So the zippers could definately have markings in different places or slight changes to the pulls themselves. My mom who used to work in that industry told me that when we were speaking about the rings on my bag. What I found most interesting is Lynda from Sophisticated Spirit asked me to call her after I emailed her. She told me she will try to find out an answer to why these things happen when these bags are being produced. In my mind now I do feel confident in my purchase. No one would go out of their way to do that, offer me an extended return, and take time out to ask me to phone (she tried to phone me but only had my work #). I thought that was more than any one running a business would do. She could have just said "return the bag already" been done with me and put all of my questions aside. Her response to all of my questions was, please keep the bag until I can get an answer to you and then let me know if you wish to return the bag. In my case I feel she is out to run an honest business and wants me to be happy with a bag I will have a lifetime. Like many who visit this site I have also received a fake bag in the past that I thought was authentic and that seller wouldn't even answer a question let alone refund my money without a hassle.

I believe Lynda is extremely honest. She is very helpful and understanding. She does not sell fake bags. We have some of the same suppliers and even one of my suppliers that didn't have a bag I was looking for recommended I contact her because she was so honest. I think that her letter and explaination is going above and beyond, if she were selling fakes, she would just take the return and that would be that.

This is just my personal experience and opinion.

Borsa,
I agree whats why after starr asked me about her response I forwarded her note to me along with details about our phone call. I will purchase more from her in the future as long as I don't lose feeling in my arms from carrying this paddington! If she can get a small one I will exchange the medium, otherwise, the medium is mine.
Thanks Borsa

One thing i learn is that I would rather order and wait from legit stores like NM or Saks or Chloe stores and pay premium prices than to save a couple of hundred $2-300 and have to worry about the authenticity of the bags. :worried:

Too much drama for me :blink:
I dont want to go through the emotional labor and fear of second guessing my bag.. Too much stress for me. :sick:
Besides, the emotional labor is not worth the $2-300 savings.. (I mean, i would kill myself for spending $1000++ for a fake bag.. ARRR :evil: )

(Please don't get me wrong. I do not intend to say SS sells fake bag. I cannot tell the diff between her bag and mine. Just voicing my opinion.)

serendipity3kb said:
Borsa,
I agree whats why after starr asked me about her response I forwarded her note to me along with details about our phone call. I will purchase more from her in the future as long as I don't lose feeling in my arms from carrying this paddington! If she can get a small one I will exchange the medium, otherwise, the medium is mine.
Thanks Borsa

Serendipity3kb,
So you have decided to keep the Paddy from SS after all, huh?

madeline said:

Madeline,
Have you seen the spring 06 LV collection bag? I don't like it at all. It look horrendous... the metal chain theme (or carpet theme) looks too loud for a bag... :blink:

Superbaby said:
Madeline,
Have you seen the spring 06 LV collection bag? I don't like it at all. It look horrendous... the metal chain theme (or carpet theme) looks too loud for a bag... :blink:

I actually enjoyed it, it was completely different than anything I have seen before from them. I dont buy there traditional monogram bags, I always buy the hard to get, very unique pieces. I like a lot of different kinds/ styles of bags. But I can respect your opinions on the collection, I know the the bags of this spring collection are an aquired taste i guess you could say, they certainly are different. I am loving the pink ostrich trim on some of the bags (white with gold chain print), the pink skin seems to be very in, have you seen the to die for pink prada carry on- fabulous! And the multi color, though i do love it in some of the bags, was getting old, the colorful fringe attached to the spring bags give it new life.

baglady said:
Serendipity3kb,
So you have decided to keep the Paddy from SS after all, huh?

Yes, I am either keeping it or will exchange it with SS for a small.

After the authentic bags with different ykk insignia's on them, Lynda checking on an answer for me, and my Mom's comment (after 26+ years in that industry) I feel certain that my SS bag is ok. The only reason my Mom should want to tell me differently is for me to return it and then send me to a counselor for therapy, for my addiction to bags.