Sophisticated Spirit - My Brown Paddington

Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. Whatever happened to freedom of speech? I thought that was the corner stone of your guys' constitution. I must have been wrong.

2. Wow!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

3. Unfortunately, people can be sued for slander. So even though you aren't breaking any criminal laws for having your say about a disreputable seller - you can still be sued.

I'm surprised a company who sells fakes is so quick to threaten a lawsuit. It just goes to show that the first thing you should do before writing about a scam on the internet - is report it to the police.

4. Seems that Loren is trying to change the constitution... ha ha ha :lol:

I am kidding Loren.. Dont take it personally.. :lol:

5. Slander and libel are two different things. And accusing a site of libel upon discussing the authenticity of a store's goods, that is new to me. But I guess since bagsnob lacks the resources to defend herself, this will be a short one.

6. Where are all those law students we have on this site. Since I'm in the medical profession I am always thinking what would the lawyers do with this. It is the new way a doctor practices medicine, but I do believe Lynda sells authentic Chloes and as of yet no one has proven one way or the other so it is wrong for us to ruin her reputation. What are you going to think if we all find out she is totally legit? It would be hard to undo the damage.

7. There is actually a number you can call to report fakes it is 1-866-NOTFAKE. It is a hotline from the international anticounterfeiting coalition (ACC). I think this to report manufacturers or sellers and maybe large distributors of fakes. I found this in an amazing Harper's Bazzar issue I have saved just for the article. It is several pages long and talks all about how illegal this really is and all of the crimes connected to it. It was a January 2005 issue.

8. Since Vlad was so quick to point out my word error, I looked up the difference and decided to post it here just in case anyone was curious.

Defamation, sometimes called "defamation of character", is spoken or written words that falsely and negatively reflect on a living person's reputation.

If a person or the news media says or writes something about you that is understood to lower your reputation, or that keeps people from associating with you, defamation has occurred. Slander and libel are two forms of defamation.

Slander is a spoken defamation.

Libel is a written defamation. Generally, radio and television broadcasts that are defamatory are considered to be libel, rather than slander.

9. Well

I do understand where you are coming from. But too many strange things have occurred that makes us think twice about SS. Like how fast she/he changed the picture on her site RIGHT after we discussed about it?

You have the freedom to voice out your opinion, but so does others. Like i've said, its all up to everyone to believe what they want to believe. If you believe that SS sells authentic goods, good for you. You can't force your thoughts onto others.

My two cents. :smile:

10. lol That's because law students cannot give legal advice until we get our bar license. :amuse:

11. HAHAHA.. Irissy, you are too funny.. :lol:

12. they don't have a legal leg to stand on. in order to prove libel, they have to prove that she knew what she said to be false when she said it. if she believed what she said and made a good faith attempt to confirm it (which i believe she did, since she had pictures and an opinion from someone that bought one of SS's bags), her behavior was not negligent and no libel occurred. my debate coach in high school used to always say that the best defense againt libel is the truth, so as long as SS's bags really are fake, the publisher of bagsnob doesn't have any worries anyway.

13. Correct- but most people get scared off by a scary legalese letter. They are pretty easy to send out and they work on small website maintainers who just don't want to bother.

14. absolutely, and i'm not denying that, i'm just trying to tell y'all the best i know of what the law in this situation actually is. i'm not a lawyer (yet), but this kind of situation does interest me.

15. I've visited Lynda's website several times and also spoken to Lynda..she's a wonderful lady who is all out to help everyone and anyone.. also extremely professional and willing to help...

In my opinion..anyone who offers the following guarantees :

- Money back if not absolutely satisfied
    - The opportunity to take your purse to any store to have it verified for authenticity!

I mean - how much better than that can it get? I happen to know that several online stores say that if you take your purse which you may have bought from them to a retail store it could be declared 'fake' as not bought from the actual store. Lynda must be extremely confident of the authenticity of her goods if she says you can take them to any retail store to have them checked..!

PLUS... I have been to Milan several times and there are various boutiques that sell Chloe' bags. I know online brokers who sell via boutiques and there is where Lynda probably gets her purses from..

There are so many fake bags being sold it's pathetic.. but someone who is confident enough to take legal action against a website plus offer a money back guarantee is definitely selling the real thing in my opinion...!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice