Sophie Hulme

Meta

Metamorphosis
O.G.
Jan 20, 2007
I was in Barney's earlier and finally got to see Sophie Hulme's bag in person after seeing the tote on few blogs and on celeb pics. I actually like the soft flap bag and it was relatively light. My only gripe is the super thin strap which I know will dig in into my shoulder when carried cross-body.

SophieHulmeSoftFlapBag_zps061f67c3.jpg

Does anyone own her bags? I'd like to hear your thoughts on the craftsmanship and quality of her bags. :smile:

I love Sophie Hulme...Perfect hardware, and sleek but original looking. Her tote and her flap bag are elegant...nice full bodied leather too. When I first saw the Sophie Hulme tote at Barneys last season, I thought there was something special about it. I hope to see this brand get out in the spotlight more.

I love Sophie Hulme...Perfect hardware, and sleek but original looking. Her tote and her flap bag are elegant...nice full bodied leather too. When I first saw the Sophie Hulme tote at Barneys last season, I thought there was something special about it. I hope to see this brand get out in the spotlight more.

Thanks for chiming in! :flowers: I actually like that her bags are under the radar. ;) btw, do you own any of her bags, by chance? I'm interested to know how well they hold up.

I actually recently bought her buckle tote in blue. I will say that it might be because of the lighter color, or the finish, but it does show a lot of wear and scratches even after a week; if you get a darker color like black it might be okay. However, it gives it sort of a worn in look, so I don't mind it, as I don't baby my bags. The leather is quite thick and sturdy, so I put quite a bit of things in it and it seems to be holding up okay. I agree however that the thin strap however is somewhat of an annoyance- it doesn't have a pad on it either, so sometimes the buckle digs into my shoulder if I have it on crossbody in the wrong place. I got the bag on sale though, so for the price I don't mind it's shortcomings. I probably wouldn't have paid full price for it though. Hope that helps!

Thanks for chiming in! :flowers: I actually like that her bags are under the radar. ;) btw, do you own any of her bags, by chance? I'm interested to know how well they hold up.

No, I am still kicking myself (real hard) for not buying a deep wine colored one at Barneys...and it was on SALE...I am confident that it is going to be a workhouse of a bag...the leather is thick, indestructible, and smooth and even...the hardware gives the bag such oomph....I am for sure getting one this season...perfect for me!

So happy to have found others that enjoy Sophie Hulme bags:hbeat:

I had been posting under the Blog Entries surf orum regarding SHE bags to quite bit of negativity....,I recently bought the blue mini envelope and am enjoying it immensely.

Attachments

• image-1765679833.jpg
    image-1765679833.jpg
    129.9 KB · Views: 8,188
  • image-3966739611.jpg
    image-3966739611.jpg
    203.3 KB · Views: 8,198
I have also been seeing them pop up during NYFW, LFW etc this year:smile: and on a few of the bloggers(9to5chic)

Attachments

• image-2803709603.jpg
    image-2803709603.jpg
    340.7 KB · Views: 8,965
  • image-1887288857.jpg
    image-1887288857.jpg
    348.4 KB · Views: 19,355
  • image-3694033108.jpg
    image-3694033108.jpg
    375.3 KB · Views: 17,429
  • image-214938149.jpg
    image-214938149.jpg
    176.4 KB · Views: 8,496
  • image-3133802831.jpg
    image-3133802831.jpg
    353.8 KB · Views: 13,601
  • image-892071175.jpg
    image-892071175.jpg
    381.4 KB · Views: 8,397
I've seen her bags in Selfridges in London. I almost got a mini envelope in blue but I had a feeling the leather would easily scratch. I'm still thinking about it though as it seriously is a gorgeous little bag and not super overpriced like other designers!

I actually recently bought her buckle tote in blue. I will say that it might be because of the lighter color, or the finish, but it does show a lot of wear and scratches even after a week; if you get a darker color like black it might be okay. However, it gives it sort of a worn in look, so I don't mind it, as I don't baby my bags. The leather is quite thick and sturdy, so I put quite a bit of things in it and it seems to be holding up okay. I agree however that the thin strap however is somewhat of an annoyance- it doesn't have a pad on it either, so sometimes the buckle digs into my shoulder if I have it on crossbody in the wrong place. I got the bag on sale though, so for the price I don't mind it's shortcomings. I probably wouldn't have paid full price for it though. Hope that helps!
Thank you so much for chiming in! :yes: :flowers: Good to know that it's holding up well, by far. I plan on replacing the thin strap with a custom-made wider leather strap should I purchase the bag. Perhaps you want to consider that? :smile:

No, I am still kicking myself (real hard) for not buying a deep wine colored one at Barneys...and it was on SALE...I am confident that it is going to be a workhouse of a bag...the leather is thick, indestructible, and smooth and even...the hardware gives the bag such oomph....I am for sure getting one this season...perfect for me!

:biggrin: I can't wait to see your purchase, when you do! :smile:

I had been posting under the Blog Entries surf orum regarding SHE bags to quite bit of negativity....,I recently bought the blue mini envelope and am enjoying it immensely.

Glad to hear there's another happy owner of Sophie Hulme! I think I'm feeling more confident with my future purchase. ;)

Thanks for posting all the lovely pics, too! I first discovered Sophie Hulme through 9to5 Chic's blog. :smile:

Her bags are so nice and sleek- I plan on buying one in the summer as a 'year in advance' graduation bag haha :smile:
Nice! I like that thought! ;) :roflmfao:

I've seen her bags in Selfridges in London. I almost got a mini envelope in blue but I had a feeling the leather would easily scratch. I'm still thinking about it though as it seriously is a gorgeous little bag and not super overpriced like other designers!
The price point is definitely attractive but I also like that her bags are still under the radar. :yes:

I saw that one too! But I hemmed and hawed and by the time I decided to take the plunge it was sold out! So when the blue one popped up on sale at Dagny & Barstow I bought it. It was somewhat of an impulse purchase but it's such a unique color and bag that I don't really regret it. I get compliments whenever I use it.

And a belated thanks to "Authenticplease" who I think was the one who let me know about Dagny & Barstow where I bought my Sophie Hulme from!