Sophie & Ava Strass - Charlotte Olympia's Hostage

**shoelover**

Over the Rainbow
O.G.
Aug 19, 2008
Has anyone used, or using Sophie & Ava to strass their shoes?

I’m having trouble getting my shoes back. I’ve phoned, emailed and still no joy. I was informed they were shipped out over 3 months ago but sadly got stuck in the US post office. I repeatedly asked for a tracking number but as none was forth coming I doubt this story was even true. Since then I’ve emailed, phoned every other day and I’ve not heard anything. I know the business was closed for a month in August due to relocation. I’ve lost my patience with this matter.

Can anyone help?

^^ I paid via pp only to be told I can't dispute the service as it's passed the 30 day cut off period. I just want my shoes back and a refund of the money I gave for the shoes to be strassed.

The only thing I could think of would be to do a chargeback with your bank if you paid via credit card. That doesn't help you on getting the shoes however. Sadly I think you may have to sit tight and hope for the best. Obviously keep attempting to get the business involved in the tracing procedure. :tdown:

Depending on the value and how important it is to you, you could send a registered letter professionally requesting prompt return of the shoes and refund by a specific date, after which you may refer this matter to your attorney. Sometimes that works. Include all documentation of the transaction and their agreement to provide service.

You could follow up in small claims court if it comes to that. Unless there is something in their agreement that requires arbitration. You should read the agreement if you have it.

I am not an attorney. I have used this technique to get a client to pay their bill. You might want to do some research to figure out how to word the letter. Send it in a way that they have to sign for it. Keep it professional, simple and objective, and ask for what you want.

^^ I paid via pp only to be told I can't dispute the service as it's passed the 30 day cut off period. I just want my shoes back and a refund of the money I gave for the shoes to be strassed.

PayPal tends to be very buyer-friendly in terms of refunds and disputes. They have a 45-day window (I think - it's definitely not limited to 30 days, but it may be 60 days not 45) to file a claim. Payment for services cannot be disputed but this seems like it should be an exception since the vendor actually has your physical items in their possession.

So try that route first, contacting the seller through PayPal's formal channels on their website, and then filing a PayPal dispute if they don't respond. You might want to CALL PayPal as your first step - you might end up on hold for a long time but their staff tend to be very helpful once you connect with them (whereas dealing with them via email can take days and days and might be very frustrating).

The next time you contact the vendor, you can also try - very politely of course - mentioning that you're going to leave a Yelp review about your experience http://www.yelp.com/biz/sophie-and-ava-costa-mesa or post on their Facebook page. You can also try a BBB complaint. Those actions tend to get noticed by small business owners.

^^ thank you so much for the information. I've left a message on Yelp and I've put my complaint in with the BBB. Fingers crossed I hear back and something can be done. I've been left out of pocket and shoes. :sad: so sad it's ended up like this.